DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech-120/)
-   -   What is the best part of the 2010 Ram? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/208412-what-is-the-best-part-of-the-2010-ram.html)

BadStratRT 07-23-2009 09:18 AM

What is the best part of the 2010 Ram?

Based on my short preview (read more about that here)...Do you think that the horsepower of the Dodge Ram is the key contributor to its success?

It seems to me that the fact that the most common engine being the Hemi gives the ram an advantage over the other major competitors, but dodge talks up their other additions so fondly...what do you think makes the 4th gen ram so popular?

nchockeyfan 07-23-2009 10:23 AM

Poll won't let me vote.

I'd say for me it is the interior improvements followed closely by the exterior styling.

MOPWR2U 07-23-2009 10:58 AM

Your poll doesn't include the two items I like the best about my truck.

1) I like how quiet the truck is on the highway, with absolutely NO wind noise at all. I've never owned a vehicle that is this quiet; it is as quiet as a tomb inside. I picked "interior technology" on your poll though, because that best matches what I like about this truck the most.

2) The Alpine stereo system in the Laramie trucks is the best sound system of any vehicle I've ever owned.

Power is good, but not as good as other vehicles I already own.

Fuel economy? Yah, right. This thing sucks down the fuel like there is no tomorrow.

Price? Only with the big incentives, which they are not doing anymore.

Looks? It looks the best of any of the brands, but that wasn't a reason to buy it.

oldjeep 07-23-2009 11:59 AM

For me it was price and comfort. When I bought they were trying to sell and I got it for around 26K.
It rides like a car and it's very quiet in the cab (good exhaust).

The lifetime powertrain warranty figured into my decision too, but not in comparision to other brands - it was because in general dodge transmissions have really sucked and I wouldn't have bought a Dodge without that warranty.

Downside:
While it does have a lot of HP and TQ, it tows less than the competition in almost every configuration. That makes all those numbers pretty useless for all but the boy racer types.

bhoogie83 07-23-2009 12:33 PM

For me switching from an 04 f-150 to the new dodge it was the total package....
power.....(very smooth acceleration)
handling....(very nice ride)
very little road noise...
interior styling...(premium sound)
and exterior look ......(BADASS):icon_goofygrin:
couldn't be happier glad I made the switch (or traded up rather):icon_beerchug:

Hdcowboy 07-23-2009 12:39 PM

I think the primary reason I bought my Dodge had a whole hell of a lot to do with the WARRANTY. I shopped all 3 brands but kept coming back to Dodge because of it. Back in 97 when I bought my F-150 I didnt even consider a Dodge. Sure the looks, power and all the other specs played into it also but the main selling point was the lifetime powertrain warranty and the maxcare extended bumper to bumper warranty that was offered (and I bought) to go along with it, I just couldnt let a deal like that go.

buckarcher 07-23-2009 02:50 PM

I just wanted to become a member of the Dodge Forum.

stealthgoat 07-23-2009 08:01 PM

I purchased my ram because I had 42 grand just laying around and I couldn't find anything else to spend it on!!!

bigred3297 07-24-2009 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by buckarcher (Post 1746542)
I just wanted to become a member of the Dodge Forum.

lol, i picked interior technology but the only reason i stopped to look at a new truck was because of the great deals they were given

bjm3097 07-24-2009 10:02 AM

I couldn't pass up the deals that the dodge was handing out. Plus after totaling my '05 ram w/ hemi :icon_sad: i was going through withdrawals from the lack of power in the PT cruiser that I drove around for 3 months!