4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wont read key fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:22 PM
67banshee01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont read key fob

so i was my pickup stranded me, 13 tradesman 1500 hemi 4x4

i was makinf a delivery with a friend, got to the warehouse went in did our thing went back to the pick and it unlocked it but when i put the fob in the ignition it told me it was the wrong key??? had to go home to getmy other key with refuses to lock unlock or panic. it worked and got me home. has anyone else had issues with this. makes me question the reliablity of this fob system.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been on this forum since very early on and I don't remember any other problems like yours. The most common complaint is that the FOB is very intermittent for locking and unlocking the trucks.

Seems to me that if both FOB/keys are acting weird, then the WIN module may be flaky. First thing to do is to open the FOB up and clean the battery contacts. If that doesn't do squat, then disconnect the truck battery for a few seconds.

If still flaky, time for a trip to the dealer.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:39 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The battery doesn't have anything to do with the starting function. You can remove the battery from the fob and it'll still start the truck.

Quick Reply: wont read key fob