4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram Box not sitting flush with bed rail.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Stihlpro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ram Box not sitting flush with bed rail.....

Is anyone here having problems with their RamBox lids not sitting flush with their bed rails? Here are some pictures....The right side box is the problem....I also included one of the left box just to show a difference. Is there any adjustment on the lid? If I push down on the lid when its closed it will sit flush so there has to be some sort of adjustment to bring it down. It only sits high in the rear.

I have pictures posted in this thread.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...anty-work.html

Old 12-29-2009, 04:45 PM
nmram09

Its should be under warranty mine had the same issue when i first bought it but the dealer told me of the problem right away brought it back the next day took like 20 mins no cost even got lunch form my sales guy out of it

Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Stihlpro

Originally Posted by nmram09
Its should be under warranty mine had the same issue when i first bought it but the dealer told me of the problem right away brought it back the next day took like 20 mins no cost even got lunch form my sales guy out of it
Do you know what they did to fix it?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
turk1270
Veteran

try pushing it dwn a little harder mine does that sometimes and if i give it another little push it sits flush if not there is a rrt out for rambox warpage hope this helps by the way what dealer and where about in nj are you

Old 12-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Stihlpro

Originally Posted by turk1270
try pushing it dwn a little harder mine does that sometimes and if i give it another little push it sits flush if not there is a rrt out for rambox warpage hope this helps by the way what dealer and where about in nj are you
I am in Hillsborough But I purchased the truck in NC. My local dealer that I go to is Dick greenfield Dodge in Lawrenceville.......

Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
nmram09

they replaced the two lids they said the new lids a vent hole in it which prevented it from callapsing or bubbling

Old 12-31-2009, 03:48 PM
turk1270
Veteran

i bought mine at dick greenfield im in south jersey but work naer trenton let me know what they say im getting ready to take mine in for some rrt and if you are taking it in for the rambox make sure they know about the rrt for warpage and the rrt for the locks on the lid

Old 01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Stihlpro

Originally Posted by nmram09
they replaced the two lids they said the new lids a vent hole in it which prevented it from callapsing or bubbling
They replaced the lids the next day in 20 minutes? Didnt they have to be painted?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Stihlpro

Ok, here is the update on the Rambox Lids......I went round and round with the dealer in Lawrenceville. I finally made an appointment over the phone to come back and see the Service manager. Apparently the dealer that sold me the truck in NC did replace the locks and the lids before I took delivery of the truck a month ago. He had the work info on the computer. But i am still having a problem with them sitting above the bed rail when closed. He finally made a call and got the ok to replace them. They should be here in a few days. Thanks god this fight is over. All I wanted was my truck fixed and in perfect working order. I don't even Have 2000 miles on it yet. The dealer acts like it is coming out of their pocket. They actually get paid MORE to do warrenty work than they do charging customers for their services.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:02 AM
chedachris
Default Mine were covered under warranty

Within a couple months of driving, mine started to bow up in the middle. When I told the dealer, they looked up in the system and say that it was known issue and several of the lids are having this problem. I got both of mine replaced under warranty. They come pre-painted from the factory.

Quick Reply: Ram Box not sitting flush with bed rail.....