4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

Who has used a throttle body spacer on their Hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:38 PM
timmypstyle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throttle body spacers.... they are considered paperweights by the people who do custom tuning because they do nothing. IF it works at all it would be with an intake. Think about it. The air would have to be coming in smoothly to be circulated. Stock tubing, the air is bouncing off the flex tubed intake. Also look how deep the threading is on a TBS to supposedly circulate the air....you think air going thru that fast is going to be affected by a 1/16 inch groove going the opposite direction? I would want to see a wind tunnel test proving the air gets mmanipulated. Also with the throttle response being better...i know on fords the throttle response can only be changed with a tune. I'm guessing all modern vehicles are that way now. It's the butt dyno that is being felt.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:03 PM
SCUBASteve806
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 🤧

Originally Posted by DesertHemi2500
So I know many of you have heard of these mythical devices that claim to sound killer and add power but has anyone here actually used one on a 4th Gen Hemi? I'm strapped for cash but when it comes to horsepower I can always find an excuse to shell out a few extra bucks so heres my question. Has anyone here actually used the Airaid throttle body spacer or any brand for that matter on a 4th gen Hemi and did you feel any difference? And I really don't care about gas mileage which I know they claim, I drive a truck so I don't expect to get good gas mileage..... I have heard they make a whistling sound which actually sounds pretty rad to me but does it really make a difference in power that's worth $120?
http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A1851A0A0.aspx
I'm not saying throttlebody spacer is Work. I'm just wondering in your argument you say car manufacturer spend millions giving you the most horsepower possible out of an engine, yet you can add horse power from things like better exhaust, bigger throttlebody, camshaft, roller rockers and a tune

Quick Reply: Who has used a throttle body spacer on their Hemi?