4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2013 EVIC bug? Mixed metric/standard

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:24 AM
gilbertsmith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 EVIC bug? Mixed metric/standard

First up I'm in Canada, not sure how much is different for our Rams. I've got a 2013 Ram 1500. I've noticed a bug with the EVIC that causes it to display MPH instead of KM/H.

Pic here

When I start the truck, it'll come up where I left it, in this case on Trip A. It'll show my cruise speed in MPH instead of KM/H. If I back out of Trip and go up to the speedometer, it'll update and show KM/H properly from then on.

It only does this when I turn the truck off and start it up again on any menu besides speedometer.. if I start it up on speedometer, it'll show KM/H all the time.

Not sure if I'm making much sense.

Is there some kind of firmware update for the EVIC I should bring up the next time I go to the dealer?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have heard of some instrument cluster modules being replaced for an incorrect display but it does not list what displays are incorrect so I will not post it here. The dealership should be able to find out by running your vin if it applies to your vehicle. I have not heard of this as an issue before your post. If I locate any other information on this particular issue I will post it here.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gilbertsmith,

If you are still having concerns definitely review it with your dealer the next time you are there. Seeing as you have a 2013 your vehicle will most likely have the most current updates. However technical information is always being distributed to the dealer network and they will have the most up to date information on vehicle updates availability.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The 2013s have a BCM and Driver's door module update to do right off the semi truck. It's supposed to be for ambient temp sensor issue, but it may well address unspecified issues also. The dealers are supposed to check them during pre-delivery inspection.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

This is the TSB TNtech speaks of.

NUMBER: 08-018-13 REV. B
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: April 25, 2013

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Driver Door
Module (DDM) if required.
MODELS:
2013 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles Built before February 20, 2013 (MDH
0220XX).

Quick Reply: 2013 EVIC bug? Mixed metric/standard