4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 Sunroof

Old 07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Crabman
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 Sunroof

I've read about problems with 2009 and earlier sunroofs that leak. Since the factory fix, has anyone had problems with 2010 leaking sunroofs? Or, does anyone have anything good to say about their sunroof?

Old 07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
kpevin
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a sunroof, if the drain hoses fall off or get clogged they leak - not just Dodge.

Mine had it on there and since I bought it off the lot I didnt have a lot of choice, I wouldnt miss it if it wasnt there thats for sure.

But good thing is it slides into the roof so it doesnt gain height when open, thats a big deal when you go to a lot of parking garages Its also fairly quiet when open as opposed to my old 2500 GMC where if you were going faster than 40mph you couldn't hear anything.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
mcs
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No leaks here,it works like it should.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:46 PM
topgun
Captain

Originally Posted by mcs
No leaks here,it works like it should.
Same here and mine's an 09. Had no problems with my 05 also.

I'd like to know how your drain tubes get clogged? If there is enough debris to fill the tubes, then what does the inside of your truck look like with the window left open? Seems like a no brainer that if there is stuff falling from trees and you park near them, you shut the roof.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Got mine in dec 08....no leaks or problems so far.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
tlppsp
Smile Sunroof

I live in Florida and used my sunroof all winter long and with no problem(s). The sunroof also adds to the appearance of the vehicle in addition to the center console.

Last edited by tlppsp; 07-13-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Crabman
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear that there are some out there that like their sunroofs. I, too, am buying one off the lot and it has a sun roof. Didn't really need one or want one but the truck has it and everything else I wanted. I couldn't turn down the incentives. One of the threads on DF kind of soured me about taking a chance with the Ram sunroof and I almost canceled the deal. Having looked around the net, as Kpevin said, it's a sunroof and it can leak and it's not only Rams that leak. I'm pretty meticulous about keep the roof tracks clean and I don't have any trees. I understand Dodge fixed some of the clogging problems by cutting the drain hose shorter to eliminate kinking. AND, if I don't get the I'm in a rush cause it's Friday or the I'm sobering up Monday morning worker who forgets to connect the drain hose, I should be fairly safe that the cab shouldn't turn into an aquarium.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
kpevin
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by topgun
Same here and mine's an 09. Had no problems with my 05 also.

I'd like to know how your drain tubes get clogged? If there is enough debris to fill the tubes, then what does the inside of your truck look like with the window left open? Seems like a no brainer that if there is stuff falling from trees and you park near them, you shut the roof.
Pollen or other small debris can get in there when the sunroof is open (and when closed, they are not 100% water tight), if you never open it most likely it will never get clogged. Some areas, like where I live, has a lot of pollen and its amazing how that stuff can clog sunroof and evaporator drains. Especially if the hose has a kink.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Sunroof