4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Electrical System
Print Wikipost

How to reset check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM
bigdbentley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to reset check engine light

Hey,

I am new to this site and I have a 2009 dodge ram slt crew cab. I was at the drive in, watched 2 movies, started up the truck all warning lights came on, probably due to electrical draw. Temp light, electrical light, temp guage and check engone light were on or not working. Drove the truck home, and craeted a charge, shut vehicle off and restarted. Everything was back to normal, other then check engine light still on.
Wondering if anyone knows how to reset this other then going to dealer as they will charge to reset it I am sure, lol.
And this would be good info to know for future reference

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unplug the negative battery cable from the battery for a few minutes (beware, I've heard some models of radio can be damaged if you don't remove the radio fuse before reconnecting the battery - why that is I have no idea). Or go to an auto parts store where they let you borrow a code reader tool. Hook it up and read the code, then use the tool to clear the code. O'Reilly has always been good about loaning tools like this. Napa too.

Rob

Old 06-09-2010, 10:37 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
Unplug the negative battery cable from the battery for a few minutes (beware, I've heard some models of radio can be damaged if you don't remove the radio fuse before reconnecting the battery - why that is I have no idea). Or go to an auto parts store where they let you borrow a code reader tool. Hook it up and read the code, then use the tool to clear the code. O'Reilly has always been good about loaning tools like this. Napa too.

Rob
It is a TSB for the battery and radio and its the REN radio.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:49 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 72combo
It is a TSB for the battery and radio and its the REN radio.
Wonder if that applies to the newer RBZ radios too (MyGig 430 without Nav)?

Rob

Quick Reply: How to reset check engine light