4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Synthetic Gear Lube Testing Results - Towing

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 12:23 PM
HEMI5150
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic Gear Lube Testing Results - Towing

Better have a look at this guys, some really good info to know. I know, I knowwww, its been out for awhile, but P-L-E-A-S-E have consideration towards others that might not have seen these test results before. Its alot of reading, but i think its well worth it.

http://www.synthetic-oil-tech.com/Ge...te%20Paper.pdf

Enjoy...!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amsoil came out in 1st place in another test they performed? My god, I'm going to run right out and buy some Amsoil right now. Then on the way home I'm going to pick up some koolaid.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

I'm going to pick up some koolaid.
Organic or synthetic??

Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
HEMI5150
Veteran

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Amsoil came out in 1st place in another test they performed? My god, I'm going to run right out and buy some Amsoil right now. Then on the way home I'm going to pick up some koolaid.
You can bash AMSOIL all you want, but i dont see any of the other big "name brands" out there sueing them over their test results. I also dont see any of the other "name brands" stepping up and putting out "their" test results showing amsoil is a worse product compared to their`s either. I`ve only used amsoil in my harley, so i`m not trying to justify anything.

My opinion, use whatever lubes makes you happy, but most of all, change it often. They ALL make some pretty good sh_t these days.
I always change all my lubes long before they are due, so i dont ever worry about it. Just thought i`d throw the link out there for others to see it that havent seen it as well as deciding for themselves to run what lube they are comfortable with.

To each his own

Quick Reply: Synthetic Gear Lube Testing Results - Towing