4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2009 1500 Dashboard removal?

Old 03-05-2011, 06:32 PM
LUBINATOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 1500 Dashboard removal?

Hello and thanks in advance.

2009 Ram 1500 SLT QC

I need to remove the dashboard, dashcap, or whatever term is appropriate.

Not the face bezel for the radio, I have that done.

The door pillars may need to come off, but what else do I need to loosen, or "unscrew", or remove; and in what order.

If anyone has a service schematic that would be great.

Thanks,

Richie

Old 03-05-2011, 08:07 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

I have no answer, but if you don't mind me asking, why are you taking it apart?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 PM
LUBINATOR
Default Dash

I need to route some extra wiring for a radio/telephone system I use.

I also have a major rattle on the right/passenger side under there.

While I am under there I am going to replace the 3.5 factory speakers to match my other Kickers

Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
72combo
Champion

I have run wire completely from one side to the other without removing the top of the dash and you can get the speakers out too without removing it, just the speaker covers which is probably the source of your rattle. but good luck, You can get the info from the Service Manual tha is online around.

Last edited by 72combo; 03-06-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM
72combo
Champion

REMOVAL
WARNING: On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and personal or fatal injury .

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the steering column opening cover (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/COVER, Steering Column Opening - Removal)
3. Remove the steering column as necessary(Refer to 19 - Steering/Column - Removal) .

4. Remove the Wireless Ignition Node from the vehicle.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/Electronic Control Modules/RECEIVER, Wireless Ignition Node - Removal)

5. Remove the floor console, if equipped (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Floor - Removal) .

6. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent remove the Lower Center Bezel.

NOTE: Right side shown left side similar.
7. Remove the left and right A-pillar trim (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, A-Pillar Trim - Removal) .

8. Remove the Defroster Grille

9. Remove fence line bolt access covers.
10. Remove fence line bolts.

11. Remove the instrument panel center bezel. (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BEZEL, Instrument Panel - Removal)

12. Remove the Radio. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/RADIO - Removal)

13. Remove right and left power outlets and bezels.

14. Remove the instument panel cluster bezel.(Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BEZEL, Instrument Cluster - Removal)

15. Remove the instrument cluster. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8J - Instrument Cluster/Instrument Cluster - Removal)

16. Remove the parking brake Lever bezel.(Refer to 05 - Brakes/Parking Brake/HANDLE, Parking Brake Release - Removal)

17. Remove the headlamp switch / left distruibution register.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8L - Lamps and Lighting/Lamps/Lighting - Exterior/SWITCH, Headlamp - Removal)

18. Remove the left and right instrument panel speakers.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)

19. Remove the center Instrument panel speaker and sun sensor.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)

20. Remove the right distribution register.(Refer to 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning/Distribution/OUTLET, Air - Removal)

21. Remove the glove box (2) from the instrument panel (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/GLOVE BOX, Instrument Panel - Removal) .

22. Remove the instrument panel storage bin. (2) (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BIN, Instrument Panel - Removal)

23. Remove the passenger air bag (1) .(Refer to 10 - Restraints/AIR BAG, Passenger - Removal)

24. Remove the 23 instrument panel cover fastners.
25. Partial remove the instrument panel cover to access and disconnect the PAB harness.
26. Remove the instrument panel cover from the vehicle.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:04 PM
LUBINATOR
Default Thanks

Yes thank you,

you kind of confirmed my thoughts that it is a major disassemble job.

I may try another route to the wiring harness I need to run, or have the dealer do it and look for the "rattle" while they are in there.

Thanks for the input.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Susana26532
Default Hidden screw/bolt

Hi,
Thank you for this info. We are currently trying to remove the dashboard on our 09 Dodge Ram Laramie. We have everything taken a part but it's still being held by screws or bolts somewhere that we can't find. Somewhere around the middle. Everything else is loose..... I was wondering if anybody knows where this/ these things are so we can finally pull this thing off. Thanks in advance for any info!
Originally Posted by 72combo
REMOVAL
WARNING: On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and personal or fatal injury .

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the steering column opening cover (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/COVER, Steering Column Opening - Removal)
3. Remove the steering column as necessary(Refer to 19 - Steering/Column - Removal) .

4. Remove the Wireless Ignition Node from the vehicle.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/Electronic Control Modules/RECEIVER, Wireless Ignition Node - Removal)

5. Remove the floor console, if equipped (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Floor - Removal) .

6. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent remove the Lower Center Bezel.

NOTE: Right side shown left side similar.
7. Remove the left and right A-pillar trim (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, A-Pillar Trim - Removal) .

8. Remove the Defroster Grille

9. Remove fence line bolt access covers.
10. Remove fence line bolts.

11. Remove the instrument panel center bezel. (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BEZEL, Instrument Panel - Removal)

12. Remove the Radio. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/RADIO - Removal)

13. Remove right and left power outlets and bezels.

14. Remove the instument panel cluster bezel.(Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BEZEL, Instrument Cluster - Removal)

15. Remove the instrument cluster. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8J - Instrument Cluster/Instrument Cluster - Removal)

16. Remove the parking brake Lever bezel.(Refer to 05 - Brakes/Parking Brake/HANDLE, Parking Brake Release - Removal)

17. Remove the headlamp switch / left distruibution register.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8L - Lamps and Lighting/Lamps/Lighting - Exterior/SWITCH, Headlamp - Removal)

18. Remove the left and right instrument panel speakers.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)

19. Remove the center Instrument panel speaker and sun sensor.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)

20. Remove the right distribution register.(Refer to 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning/Distribution/OUTLET, Air - Removal)

21. Remove the glove box (2) from the instrument panel (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/GLOVE BOX, Instrument Panel - Removal) .

22. Remove the instrument panel storage bin. (2) (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BIN, Instrument Panel - Removal)

23. Remove the passenger air bag (1) .(Refer to 10 - Restraints/AIR BAG, Passenger - Removal)

24. Remove the 23 instrument panel cover fastners.
25. Partial remove the instrument panel cover to access and disconnect the PAB harness.
26. Remove the instrument panel cover from the vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 1500 Dashboard removal?