4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordered & Built in 20 days!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Icampalot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ordered & Built in 20 days!

I ordered a 2012 Outdoors man 1500 QC on 3/20/12. It was built today 4/20/12 . Wow - FAST . Dealer says it will be delivered by Monday 4/23/12. Delivered in 23 days from the order!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to burst your bubble of joy, but the delivery usually takes a lot longer than that. I may well be proven wrong, but you may want to temper your enthusiasm just in case it takes a few more weeks.

Rob

Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 PM
706jim
Veteran

Mine took from March 31 until July 27 before I got to drive it off the lot.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Icampalot

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
I hate to burst your bubble of joy, but the delivery usually takes a lot longer than that. I may well be proven wrong, but you may want to temper your enthusiasm just in case it takes a few more weeks.

Rob
Actually that would make me happy . An early arrival is putting a crimp in my plans . I live in Tn. and ordered the truck from an Ohio dealer that I've dealt with in the past . He's thinking next week but I'll be happier if its the middle of May!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:22 AM
turk1270
Veteran

3 weeks to sounds about right to build.now the delivery is a whole different story that can be a week to over two months depending on alot of things.if i remember correctly mine took two weeks to build and another 7 weeks to be delivered and a friends truck took almost 3 months to be delivered

Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was built in just under three, took 6 weeks to get though.

With that in mind it really depends where it was built and where it is going.

Yours should have been built in Warren, MI. Now the question is where is it going? Mine was built in Mexico and had to come to Ohio. It sat in Mexico for 10 days and did not move after being built.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Icampalot

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
Mine was built in just under three, took 6 weeks to get though.

With that in mind it really depends where it was built and where it is going.

Yours should have been built in Warren, MI. Now the question is where is it going? Mine was built in Mexico and had to come to Ohio. It sat in Mexico for 10 days and did not move after being built.
Mine was built in Warren Michigan. It goes to a dealer in NW Ohio. I hope it takes till the middle of May to get there as that's when we plan on being there visiting and camping at Maumee Bay State Park in Oregon Ohio. Some of you live real close to that in Curtice Ohio .

Old 04-21-2012, 12:41 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine 4/23. It was built 5/5. Shipped 5/13 but got put on hold in a distribution lot in my metro area due to a problem with all trucks through the line during a certain date range that required a re-flash of something before they would release them. Truck arrived at the dealer 6/3. As others have said, it is a matter of luck and the timing of batch shipping that dictates the travel time.

Rob

Old 04-22-2012, 08:40 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Icampalot
Mine was built in Warren Michigan. It goes to a dealer in NW Ohio. I hope it takes till the middle of May to get there as that's when we plan on being there visiting and camping at Maumee Bay State Park in Oregon Ohio. Some of you live real close to that in Curtice Ohio .
Yea, I am 4 miles from Maumee Bay State Park, just moved out here from Northwood. Where did you order your truck from? Got mine @ Charlie's.

It should not take over 7-10 days to get it from Warren. I may be wrong but I think they will truck it down rather than putting it on rail.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Icampalot

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
Yea, I am 4 miles from Maumee Bay State Park, just moved out here from Northwood. Where did you order your truck from? Got mine @ Charlie's.

It should not take over 7-10 days to get it from Warren. I may be wrong but I think they will truck it down rather than putting it on rail.
I ordered it from Greve in Van Wert , Ohio . It's 45 minutes from Toledo . I bought trucks there before and you can't beat their price . I deal with Billy Knoll . 419-238-3944. He treats people good and doesn't BS them. If he can't do something he'll be straight up about it. I used to live in NW Ohio and retired to Tn. Still buy my vehicles from him. I don't know if they will truck it from Warren Mi. or rail , but trucking makes more sense . Curtice is a good place to live . Northwood isn't bad either.

Quick Reply: Ordered & Built in 20 days!