4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel Spacer Help

Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 PM
sad_drake
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacer Help

Let me start by stating that I am not asking whether or not I need them or if they are a good idea.
I have used some before and nothing bad come from them. I am just trying to find out where the best place to get hub-centric spacers for 2011 Ram 1500 4x4. I found out where to get the ones I had last time from here and I wasn't disappointed. I would appreciate any help guys and gals. Never been let down here and will help with any experiences I've had

Old 09-24-2013, 02:58 PM
constable
Rookie

Iv wondered the same thing. The last ones you had did you have to keep making sure they were tight amd did they ever come loose?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 PM
b.rad
Amateur

THMotorsports should have them in stock.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:00 PM
sad_drake
Rookie

I never had any issues with the last ones I had. Basically put them on and forgot about them no issues ever. Jus be sure to take rotor keeper washer off before hand.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:32 PM
constable
Rookie

Originally Posted by sad_drake
I never had any issues with the last ones I had. Basically put them on and forgot about them no issues ever. Jus be sure to take rotor keeper washer off before hand.
Thanks but what the hell is a "rotor keeper washer"

Old 09-25-2013, 08:07 AM
sad_drake
Rookie

It's that little tin washer that's on one wheel stud. They are used to keep rotors on during original assembly. If you don't take it off then the spacer won't fit flush completely and won't be straight

Old 09-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you don't want to hear it, but wheel spacers are terrible.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:12 PM
constable
Rookie

Oh.. I don't have washers on my studs.

Silver dodge, yea I have heard way to may bad things about them to be a hundred percent confident in them. As big and heavy as my tires are I don't want any more stress on my studs.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

I have towed with mine since 09, and its a 32 foot Travel Trailer, its where you buy them and what they are, not cheap, I bought hub concentric and also wheel concentric, so you cant just say they are all bad, when i wanted to get them off, the wheel was on there so tight it took a while of kicking on the tire to work it off, the wheel is actually gripping the spacers lip, and the studs, just like the original wheel, then the spacer is doing the same thing to the lip of the rotor, and studs,mine have not moved ,when i got my new gears ,the man was getting frustrated, the adapter was freakin solid on there it took a chisel and a small hammer lots of taps around the edge, does that sound like cheap adapters? they cost around 250.00, but I have confidence in mine, cheaper ones that only use the studs to hold it on will work there way loose, these are CUSTOM adapters.....I am 100 % confident in mine...
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_adapters.html

Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just buy wheels with the correct offset?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel Spacer Help