4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Locking Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Jake Carpenter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking Lug Nuts

I bought a 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn 4x4. Picked it up the last week of March. Were they supposed to come with locking lug nuts? If not whats the best brand of locking lug nuts to buy?

Old 07-21-2013, 02:56 PM
stumblingthru

I just picked up a LL three weeks ago and it had locking lugnuts on it. Even a new one off the truck has them in the center console...not installed yet but in the truck. Those rims/tires are spendy...I'd hit up the dealership.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Billybobs

Mine were not installed. In glove box. Asked dealer to install when in for first oil change. They installed at no charge.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in 2010 they were part of one of the packages of options. Though likely, it is not guaranteed that your truck has them. Check the window sticker... they should be specifically listed under one of the option packages. If they aren't called out they won't be there.

This all could have changed by 2013, but this is how it previously worked.

If you need to buy some just go to your local tire store and get some. Or order from TireRack. They can't be very expensive.

Rob

Quick Reply: Locking Lug Nuts