4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Having a mirror problem

Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 PM
SlammeDakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a mirror problem

I have a 2011 ram 2500. The mirrors it came with were the small mirrors without the turn signals but they were power and heated. I bought the tow mirrors that are power and heated but it also has the turn signals in them and the puddle lights. When i switched them out the power box in the door had the spot for the main power for the mirror which works, the mirror works and the heat works. But under that spot was another open plug spot with nothing plugged into it so i plugged the one for the lights in there and i have no turn signals in the mirror or puddle lights when i open my door. So my question is....Is there a fuse or something simple i'm missing or do i have to replace the whole box in the door?

Old 12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not positive, but I think you have to have a dealer enable the mirror signal lights in the truck's computer. Basically, they have to hook up their Chrysler scan tool and change the build codes of the truck to indicate that the appropriate mirrors were an installed option so the computer knows to send signal to them. Whether you can convince your dealer to do this and how much they will charge varies...

Rob

Old 12-27-2014, 06:40 AM
SlammeDakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about that but I wasn't sure. I have to wait till Monday now. But luckily I have a friend that works at a garage. It's not a dodge garage but hopefully he can figure it out. Thanks for your help

Old 12-27-2014, 10:05 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

If your friend doesn't have the Chrysler StarScan tool it isn't going to work. The truck basically needs a software update and only the manufacturer's system can do that.

Rob

Old 12-27-2014, 10:19 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Mine has been like that since right after I bought it and put a set of tow mirrors on. Heard conflicting info on if the dealer could actually turn them on and after 5 years I've still never asked them and don't really care

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Having a mirror problem