4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical bugs

Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM
shellyhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical bugs

My husband just bought a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn edition. It has the u-connect with the touch screen control. The issue is ever since we brought it home there have been small electrical bugs. It seems it is never the same thing. The day we brought home the dome lights were on but we couldn't get them to shut off. We had to shut the truck off and turn it back on. The salesman kind of laughed it off. The SiriusXM radio gets a horrible signal. It cuts out all of the time. One day it just switched from satellite radio to am radio. He tried lowering the temp of the fan and every time after returning to the radio screen he noticed the temp would go back up on it own. It all seems linked to the radio/uconnect unit itself. The truck has also had the check engine light come on twice now. The first time it said it was a gas vapor leak, but the dealer found no issues with anything. It is in the shop right now and we are waiting to find out the reason for the second time it has come on. We have also requested that the radio be replaced. Hopefully eventually the dealer will listen to what we have to say. We feel like there is a problem with the programming in the truck's computer and there are some major issues with the radio. Has anyone else been experiencing these issues? Are we on the right track with the issues? We are very upset right now, this is a brand new 2013 vehicle. There should not be this many issues.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Zookeeper
Amateur

Something definitely isn't right. Keep taking it in to the service department and make sure you get documentation for the problem. Check your states Lemon Laws. If they can't fix it, you may be able to get a full refund on the truck or exchanged for a new truck. I've got the same system and haven't had any problems.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:37 AM
NMRam
Rookie

I had to have my radio replaced on my 2013 Laramie. I had a different set of issues though. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical bugs