4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
LOL...I didn't even read the whole thing. Do you have to go again in another five years?
Every 5 years....for life.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
shieldsdb
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking mine in today. If there is enough detail on the service sheet, I will scan and attach. They told me it shouldn't take longer than an hour.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:04 PM
capsfloyd
Captain
Default 5 yr

i was told they would mail out a card for this , did you get one

Old 10-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had my 5 year done today. It simply says "passed". They completed the inspection and the pinion nut recall in just a little over an hour.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:25 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Just FYI.

I added the link for the Warranty info in the Announcements Header. The Thread initially posted by MasterTech.

Here is the actual Breakdown: http://www.dodge.com/crossbrand/warr...e_warranty.pdf

Chrysler only pays the dealership for 15min on the inspection.
They check the computer, for leaks, damage..etc If they find anything, you MUST get it repaired or they will void the warranty.

JUST A HEADS UP.... If you have an aftermarket CAI, your dealer may void you. Mine would have if I had any open air filter on the truck. Doesn't matter if it says 50 state legal and Carb Approved because it could still suck in water and do damage and this is what Chrysler is against.
Also, if you have a Tuner and return your truck back to stock, you will pass just fine.

Lastly, you do not need to leave with the paperwork. Whenever they do work on your vehicle, they submit that information directly to Chrysler so they can get paid for their work. I guess if you dont trust either..then...paper it is. But you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:32 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Just FYI.

I added the link for the Warranty info in the Announcements Header. The Thread initially posted by MasterTech.

Here is the actual Breakdown: http://www.dodge.com/crossbrand/warr...e_warranty.pdf

Chrysler only pays the dealership for 15min on the inspection.
They check the computer, for leaks, damage..etc If they find anything, you MUST get it repaired or they will void the warranty.

JUST A HEADS UP.... If you have an aftermarket CAI, your dealer may void you. Mine would have if I had any open air filter on the truck. Doesn't matter if it says 50 state legal and Carb Approved because it could still suck in water and do damage and this is what Chrysler is against.
Also, if you have a Tuner and return your truck back to stock, you will pass just fine.

Lastly, you do not need to leave with the paperwork. Whenever they do work on your vehicle, they submit that information directly to Chrysler so they can get paid for their work. I guess if you dont trust either..then...paper it is. But you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
I have an aftermarket CAI, Open type. I have had it since 2009. I do hold the record for dealer service visits Not once have they said anything about the CAI and I just got my 5 year inspection. It took 20 minutes and I passed with flying colors. I guess it just goes to show you it must depend on the dealer?

Old 01-01-2014, 04:12 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
I have an aftermarket CAI, Open type. I have had it since 2009. I do hold the record for dealer service visits Not once have they said anything about the CAI and I just got my 5 year inspection. It took 20 minutes and I passed with flying colors. I guess it just goes to show you it must depend on the dealer?
Well, I didnt say they would. I said they MAY. Just giving peeps a heads up if their dealers are rigid like they are here in the Albany, NY area.
Ever dealer around here is overpriced and a stickler. NY sucks.
I dont even think the Tech realized I had JBA Headers on...
Just FYI.

JUST A HEADS UP.... If you have an aftermarket CAI, your dealer may void you. Mine would have if I had any open air filter on the truck.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:59 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Well, I didnt say they would. I said they MAY. Just giving peeps a heads up if their dealers are rigid like they are here in the Albany, NY area.
Ever dealer around here is overpriced and a stickler. NY sucks.
I dont even think the Tech realized I had JBA Headers on...
Yup, we caught the "may" part and in fact that's is what I was agreeing with - hence the question mark at the end of my part, speculation as to why this may or may not be enforced Glad my dealer is not such a stickler, next one who knows. Maybe its because we get like 10" of rain all year...

Old 01-01-2014, 06:09 PM
mike2810
Captain

It makes sense that if during the inspection they find something wrong it has to be repaired to maintain the powertrain warranty. Hopefully, when they find something much if not all will be covered.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

So now I have to wonder. Lets say I hit 300,000 miles and my engine is tired, smoking a little, low compression on a few cylinders, making lifter noise etc. BUT its still running. Will they rebuild/replace my engine or only address issues one at a time as they come up? This will happen at some point in the future for us "lifetimers" as we rack up the miles. Yes I lay awake at night worrying about such things

Quick Reply: 5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections