4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New vibration and new noise.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:41 PM
TurboGPZ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New vibration and new noise.

My truck has developed a vibration in the steering wheel and cyclical wah wah noise at 55 miles per hour. Anyone had any experience like that??

Thanks

Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire balance, tire itself, tie rod end or the unit bearing starting to go bad would be the first things to check out. Try swapping the front tires to back and go from there.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboGPZ
My truck has developed a vibration in the steering wheel and cyclical wah wah noise at 55 miles per hour. Anyone had any experience like that??

Thanks
TurboGPZ,

I'm sorry to learn of your recent vibration concern. Did the vibration and sound appear suddenly, or has it developed gradually?

As, @oldjeep has indicated, in many cases a vibration can be associated with your tires. Unusual wear, missing wheel weights or incorrect tire pressure can have an affect on your ride.

If the vehicle has been parked for a period of time, flat spotting can also occur, resulting in similar symptoms.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 AM
TurboGPZ
Professional

The noise appeared suddenly, actually after we put the summer tires on. Or at least that's when I noticed it. I'll have the tires looked into.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboGPZ
The noise appeared suddenly, actually after we put the summer tires on. Or at least that's when I noticed it. I'll have the tires looked into.
TurboGPZ,

Based on the timing and the symptoms you've described, it would be a good place to start. Keep us posted on what you find if you can.

Thanks,

Old 07-18-2014, 09:16 PM
TurboGPZ
Professional

Noise went to back when I had the tires rotated and is livable but I will take it in to be looked at.

Quick Reply: New vibration and new noise.