DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech-120/)
-   -   My truck is FREAKING out!! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/395331-my-truck-is-freaking-out.html)

njppb1 05-24-2016 12:36 PM

My truck is FREAKING out!!

I have never had any type of electrical issues with my 09 Ram 1500 slt before this weekend. On Sunday my truck locked itself after my truck was turned off for about 5 minutes, with the key in the ignition while I was sitting in it listing to music waiting for my girlfriend to come out of super market. It then proceeded to auto start it self while I was walking away from it (I though I might have pressed the auto start button by accident instead of the lock button so I didn't think much about it). Yesterday my truck locked and unlocked itself 3 times in a row when first starting the truck, within the first 20 minutes of the truck running. It locked it self a two more times through out the day. But this morning when my girlfriend was leaving for work my truck auto started itself while she was getting into her car, no explanation for that because my keys were hanging on the hook by the front door. Like I said I have never had any issues like this before. My truck has never had any sort of electrical issues. I was hoping to get some insight here before I bring it to the dealer, especially since they never diagnose any problems unless it happens to be acting up while they are looking at it. Thanks

Pedro Dog 05-24-2016 01:13 PM

could be many things but the easiest to look into is the FOB. If you have two FOBs take the battery out of your current one and leave it out. Use the other FOB and see if the problem continues.

DodgeCares 05-24-2016 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by njppb1 (Post 3297918)
I have never had any type of electrical issues with my 09 Ram 1500 slt before this weekend. On Sunday my truck locked itself after my truck was turned off for about 5 minutes, with the key in the ignition while I was sitting in it listing to music waiting for my girlfriend to come out of super market. It then proceeded to auto start it self while I was walking away from it (I though I might have pressed the auto start button by accident instead of the lock button so I didn't think much about it). Yesterday my truck locked and unlocked itself 3 times in a row when first starting the truck, within the first 20 minutes of the truck running. It locked it self a two more times through out the day. But this morning when my girlfriend was leaving for work my truck auto started itself while she was getting into her car, no explanation for that because my keys were hanging on the hook by the front door. Like I said I have never had any issues like this before. My truck has never had any sort of electrical issues. I was hoping to get some insight here before I bring it to the dealer, especially since they never diagnose any problems unless it happens to be acting up while they are looking at it. Thanks

It could be a problem with your FOB. I’d recommend a diagnosis from a certified dealer. If you need help establishing an appointment, let me know. Thanks – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

SeanTG84 05-24-2016 02:56 PM

I agree with the others, I'm about 90% sure its your FOB. I had similar issues when mine was going bad. The "contact points" in mine were falling out of place on the inside of the FOB itself and since they are highly conductive, they would unlock/lock/alarm my truck constantly. I just cleaned the little contact points and glued them back into place... or you could go pay a bunch to have the dealer reprogram a new FOB for you.

cruzer55 05-24-2016 05:27 PM

Or the badguys checking out a new remote pick,just too see what systems it works on.Just a thought..........

yrral 07-30-2016 12:39 AM

Might want to change the battery before anything else, especially before going to a dealer.