4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird brake pedal at start up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 PM
RAMULAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird brake pedal at start up.

So I have owned a Ram since they first came out, so this one is new to me. Never had this happen on my '16 either. Anyway, when I go out in the morning it is like the brake is all pumped up. It is rock hard and I can't get the start button to do anything, until I can get the pedal to go down far enough. Like I said I never had this issue with my 2016 Sport. Anyone else notice this? This last time the truck sat for two days. This is my new Copper Sport edition with a tow package. ?????
Other than the trans shifting a lot at low speed this has been my only issue......so far.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vacuum leak in the brake booster? The residual vacuum from when you last parked it should allow the pedal to depress one time with little effort the next morning.