4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Laramie Limited grill on a 2017 1500 regular cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 06:27 PM
leeboman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laramie Limited grill on a 2017 1500 regular cab

I did a search and didn't see exactly what i wanted to ask. The title is kinda self explanatory. I've seen a site that said the Rebel's grill is NOT a direct swap because of hood and fender differences, but is the Laramie Limited's grill a direct swap? I'm not sure why, but i like those grills. Also, only got 800 miles on my 1500 RC with the 3.6 and im thinking about getting a Sprintex SC system for it. Ive heard good things about the system, im just worried about my 6 year 60k mile bumper to bumper being voided if something goes wrong. Ive supercharged a 2 valve 5.4L i swapped in an 02 Mustang, so im no stranger to the process and the importance of a good tube. How well do the stock injectors and fuel pump in these trucks hold up to boost? And the 8 speed auto, is it fragile? Im really easy on my vehicle, so it wouldn't be beat the **** out of. I would just like that extra torque. Anything y'all got to talk me out of it?

Old 10-22-2017, 07:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Supercharging will likely void your powertrain portion of the warranty, but, won't touch the rest.

Don't think you could run much boost on the stock injectors, etc, either...... would have to have something to deliver the additional fuel it's gonna want.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:24 PM
leeboman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know on my stang, i had to get 40lb injectors and a cobra fuel pump. Plus it had fracture cast rods and they would snap like toothpicks with to much boost. The power of the v6 is fine. I just like having that unique factor plus power of a stock Hemi if i needed it.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by leeboman
I know on my stang, i had to get 40lb injectors and a cobra fuel pump. Plus it had fracture cast rods and they would snap like toothpicks with to much boost. The power of the v6 is fine. I just like having that unique factor plus power of a stock Hemi if i needed it.
If it wasn't brand spankin' new, and still under warranty, I would tell ya to go right ahead..... but.... it IS brand spankin' new....... and you haven't even scratched the surface of the warranty..... Unless you can afford to replace an engine, or trans, or axle, if something DOES go wrong..... I would wait. Otherwise, you end up with an expensive paperweight, you are still making payments on........