4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cat and O2 monitors won’t reset

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 05:50 PM
tconte1715
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat and O2 monitors won’t reset

Hey everyone, New here and it seems like a running theme has been these monitors not clearing so I figured someone might be able to help out. I have a 2009 1500 with about 125k miles on it and this is the 2nd time I’ve run into this issue. 2 years ago I had to replace the PCM and run the drive pattern for it to pass smog. This year I took it back to the dealership and after about a month of them going through steps (including fixing my exhaust leak from the broken manifold bolts) they finally replaced the PCM again. ran the drive pattern and the monitors still won’t reset. They told me that I should run the drive test a couple of more times on my own and bring it back to check them since it’s my only car and don’t want to be renting a car for multiple days at time.

Any advice on how to get fix this issue would be great as the dealership has been no help what so ever.

Quick Reply: Cat and O2 monitors won’t reset