4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TPMS light on, sensors verified working

Old 04-18-2019, 05:51 PM
nolimits
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS light on, sensors verified working

I put new wheels/tires/TPMS on my 2009 Ram. On first drive, the light was off, and stayed that way for a couple of weeks. Then, for no apparent reason, it came on. Tires have 40psi. After starting...~10sec, nothing...then ~1min flashing, then stays solid. Took to the dealership and they verified the sensors were all reading correctly(433mhz). They speculated it needed an ignitioin switch at a cost of $600+...maybe would fix it, maybe not. I'm told that's where the receiver is (isn't there a separate module?). Obviously I don't want to spend that kind of money on a "maybe", so I'm here to see if anyone has any input on this.

-No modifications, HID's, etc.
-I don't have the original tires/wheels or I'd try swapping them back on (sold them right away)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS light on, sensors verified working