5th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 5th Gen 2019+ RAM 1500. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2019 RAM 1500 Completely Uncovered

Old 10-17-2017, 12:17 AM
IB Nolan
IB Staff
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019 RAM 1500 Completely Uncovered

Our spy photographers caught some images of the new 2019 RAM 1500. It certainly looks to be trimming down a bit and following in the footsteps of the F-150 and Silverado.

Still, has quite an aggressive Dodge/RAM look to it. Like a RAM that went to the gym.

What do you all think?

Full article with more pictures posted on the homepage here.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Well, since you asked....I think it's hideous. Every generation has gotten less truck and more car. Now I'm not old but I cannot stand any vehicle that was built after 2008 unless it's got a CTD and stick (which is disappearing in 2020). Unfortunately, I'll never have one of those because I was priced out of the market before I entered it.

Uni-brow??? Seriously, ram?!? What'd you do, watch Austin Powers too much growing up? And what's with no crosshair grille??? Congratulations, "ram," you just killed your brand off.

The new "ram" has completely abandoned any and all heritage to the Dodge brothers who invented the pickup truck. If you held up a picture of any Ford car, SUV, or especially the new Ranger, it looks EXACTLY like the 2019 "ram." Why would anybody want to drink this koolaid?

And what really grinds my gears is when the stupid marketing people say, "we wanted our new truck to appeal to all buyers so they can have exactly what they want in a truck." BS!!! Where's the manual transmission? Where's the manual transfer case? Where's the straight axle? Where's the crank windows? Where's the bigrig styling and crosshair grille? Bunch of lying SOBs who think we all want a $60k El Camino. No thanks.

Trucks are dead. And soon so will the day of automobiles. We will all be forced into mass transit or electric cars in 20 years or less. Oh, sure, you can keep your "classic" 2015 truck but to register and drive it will incur a $10,000 permit/tax per year for killing the ozone. And gas will jump to $20 bucks a gallon. Electric trucks will destroy the OTR trucking industry, not to mention the entire oil and gas industry, while Elon Musk becomes the world's first global King and Dictator.

If "ram" really cared about market share and their customer base, they would offer a true truck with actual truck features for all of us who work for a living and need a strong, reliable rig without all the snowflake nanny switches and computer controls. This is why I'm never getting rid of my 99 real truck. Have fun spending what I make in a year on a nanny truck everybody. Rant OVER!

Old 02-12-2018, 02:41 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Tell us how you really feel.....

Old 02-17-2018, 05:56 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This thing has a lot of tech in it, in the past Dodge has always been behind the others. I remember buying my new 1997 Ram and my friend laughing, "Dude you've still got a distributor". Looking at the bad, I see a whole lot of stuff that could give trouble down the road. The styling is kind of bland, but aren't they all right now? Hope they sell. Me, can't afford it.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Brummo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driven a few now..I like them. No incentives to buy. I hate to get the options you want you have to add things you don't need just to run up the price...
Still have Lifetime Power train on mine yet with 72,000. Don't really need to get rid of a rust free low mileage truck...but...

Old 05-02-2023, 08:41 AM
racerxv6
Veteran
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

So I am on my way to Charlotte this afternoon to look at a used 2019....36,000 miles on it a. Laramie 4x4. My car was totaled several months ago and I am just now getting around to making a purchase. I was not a huge fan of the style change but I didn't want to go any older than 2019. The second person to post on this obviously had something to get off his chest. I fully understand where he is coming from because When Dodge came out with the semi look back in the early 90's I fell immediately in love with the truck. Having owned an 83 Ram charger and putting over 300,000 miles on it I knew that Dodge built a solid truck. I currently own a 04 and a 96. Both have been good trucks solid to say the least. So I hope this 2019 that I am looking to purchase today will be the same.

Search this Thread