Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

cd stuck in factory nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Tuffguy707
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd stuck in factory nav

i have a 07 ram with the factory nav which has the 6 disc in dash cd changer. like an idiot i put in an old cd i found that had one of those rings that are suppose to make them sound better. well the ring made the cd a little bit thicker. it went into the player without a problem, played just fine but when i went to switch to another cd in the player it jammed. i was wondering what i have to do to get the cd out. right now no matter what i try to do with the cd player all it says is "disc error" CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!???

Old 03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Tuffguy707

Anyone?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Tuffguy707

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can check your manual for any sort of force eject feature, I know on the mygigs you hold the up, down, and nav buttons while it's open but I'm not sure about the 6disc in-dash. If it's jammed the changer mechanism taking the unit apart may be the only way to remove it unfortunately.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Tuffguy707

well the truck goes into the dealer tomorrow. i was talking to the guy today and he said chances are they wont be able to get the cd out. he said they will prolly have to replace it. he said a new one would cost around $2500
he said they will try to get it out...... .i hope so, i dont want to have to buy a new one for that kind of money

Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the unit is trashed I'd consider upgrading to a nav MyGig for that kind of money, coastal electronics technology makes an adapter (http://coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm) that will let you use them in earlier models which use the CAN bus (Just make sure the MyGig you get is low-speed-bus model if you do this). I used it to put a non-nav REN MyGig in my '05 Dakota(nav model is RER), only takes one disc at a time but with a 20Gb hard drive you can store a lot of CD's on it

Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Tuffguy707

i was thinking about doing that.

well when i had the truck in the dealer today they said it is deff trashed and needs replaced. the good news is they were able to cover it under an extended warranty (that i dont have) so all i have to do is pay the deductable which is only going to cost me $100. they are going to replace it with a remanufactured one from the factory.

one question though. if i get a remanufactured one, do you think that could be problems too or is it going to be like a new one?
if i have problems again im going to just get the mygig next time. the dealer told me if i went to the mygig all i had to do was replace the antenna on the roof of my truck which is $150.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Tuffguy707

btw thanks for the input

Quick Reply: cd stuck in factory nav