Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

09 Radio fit in an 06?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
RedneckDodge86
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Radio fit in an 06?

My CD player finally crapped itself, and i got a buddy who just took his out for Nav unit. His is an 2009 and mine is a 2006. They look exactly the same size, but with different plugs in the back. Will this radio work with my 2006? And does dodge sell the pre built harnesses or anything for it? Thanks guy, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Matt99
Champion

As long as it uses the canbus to activate and its got the same wires, just different arrangements you can probably buy an aftermarket harness

i havent heard of anyone doing this before

Old 10-09-2010, 10:47 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Is the radio the touchscreen (mygig) radio, or just a regular cd radio? I have a 08 mygig radio in my truck, and I know they make adapters for the mygig radios to make them work in 06-09 vehicles, and certain 05 that have the newer canbus system. But I haven’t seen any for the regular radios, but I would assume they do.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Matt99
Champion

no he is getting a stock cd player because the guy is getting a dvd (probably mygig)

Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

With plugs being different in the rear, you already know the answer. Now if he is willing to cut his harness off and give it to you then you might be able to make it work. But there is not going to be an after market connector to fit the back of the 09 HU and interface with your 06 wiring.

However, I do believe it can be done although I think after market would be cheaper.

Look here at this link and choose your 09 DR. In the drop sown afterwards you can choose the section for "Antenna" or "radio" and find the needed connectors. However these will have to be spliced into your existing wiring. So with that i see two potential issues. One is the cost for these harnesses and two would be you would need to go over your trucks radio schematics and make sure everything would match up

You didnt say your buddy was pulling out the GPS antenna but rather just the HU. So that is something else you will have to buy. So again, you can lok at the link below but after market sounds cheaper to me. I can find Kenwood and Alpine DD HU right now for 250-400

http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/disclaimer.asp

Quick Reply: 09 Radio fit in an 06?