Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Best way to connect ipod

Old 04-30-2011, 10:41 AM
blksport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to connect ipod

I have a 06 1500 sport with just the 6 disc and i want to be able to run my ipod through the factory stereo. I dont want to change anything else and I still want to be able to use the factory sirius satellite radio. I found the iSimple ISCH73 from http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...le-ISCH73.html has anyone used it or which is the best way?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Bent
Veteran

I can't speak for the iSimple unit, but I put in a USA-Spec CHrysler interface, and I really like it.
It has the input for the iPOd, plus one additional line-level input for a portable DVD unit (or what have you).
It will also charge the iPod and allow HU control for playback so the iPod can stay hidden in the glovebox.
On my OEM HU I Don't get title/artist info, just track numbers, but IIRC, the more advanced HU's may allow artist text as well.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 PM
truegent81
Captain

So can you still use stock radio with these iPod adaptors? I don't have a 6 disc unit though. Any thoughts on best place to order from?

Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
brandofamily
Rookie

I have same unit in my Dakota. It plugs into the input where you would plug in the disk changer if you had one. My steering wheel controlers work the song advance also. Bought mine thru Crutchfield.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Bent
Veteran

with these adapters, yes - all stock radio functions remain the same.
On my USA-Spec unit, it plugs into the 6-disk changer port at the back of the HU, and allows HU control of the track selection on the iPOD (you select the iPOD with the mode button, and selecting disk 5 allows iPOd control, disk 6 select the additional RCA input.

THere is no FM modulator, so no problem asociated with that - and it bypasses the analog (earphone) output of the iPOD and uses the big connector for both audio as well as charging, so you don't have to worry about competing volume controls.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best way to connect ipod