Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

uconnect 4.3 and iPod help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:09 PM
bortzjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent a short email to Magneti Marelli Technical Support explaining my problem and asking if they are working on a software update. I will let you know what response I receive. Meanwhile, I am holding off listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

Thanks, xsdbs, for the contact info.

Shame on Chrysler for letting a major yet easily avoidable flaw mare what is otherwaise a perfect vehicle. If their relationship with Mageti Marelli is severred Chrysler ought to be providing their own software updates.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you didn't say how you got the contact info did you?
Why are you holding off listening to Pink Floyd's "the Wall"?

Originally Posted by bortzjr
I just sent a short email to Magneti Marelli Technical Support explaining my problem and asking if they are working on a software update. I will let you know what response I receive. Meanwhile, I am holding off listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

Thanks, xsdbs, for the contact info.

Shame on Chrysler for letting a major yet easily avoidable flaw mare what is otherwaise a perfect vehicle. If their relationship with Mageti Marelli is severred Chrysler ought to be providing their own software updates.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
bortzjr

xsdbs - I went to the Magneti Marelli web site you provided, selected "Contact Us", and sent an email listing "Technical Support" from the drop down list as the topic catagory. I've not heard back (and maybe never will) but it's worth a try if it might solve the problem.

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a 2 disc theme album which tells the story of a man's life as each song progresses. There were at least 5 hits and much of the music continues from one track into the next. It can't, and shouldn't, be listened to in alphabetical song order.

Simiarly, the second half of The Beatles "Abbey Road" must be heard in track order. Both are worth a listen if you are in to Classic Rock or any type of Rock.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:46 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Well, now I understand about the tracks. Thanks and please let us know about any reply that you get from them, ok.

xsdbs - I went to the Magneti Marelli web site you provided, selected "Contact Us", and sent an email listing "Technical Support" from the drop down list as the topic catagory. I've not heard back (and maybe never will) but it's worth a try if it might solve the problem.

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a 2 disc theme album which tells the story of a man's life as each song progresses. There were at least 5 hits and much of the music continues from one track into the next. It can't, and shouldn't, be listened to in alphabetical song order.

Simiarly, the second half of The Beatles "Abbey Road" must be heard in track order. Both are worth a listen if you are in to Classic Rock or any type of Rock.

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 AM
sdeyoung

Thanks!
Totally agree with you on this one. Some albums MUST be listened to in the order that they were intended to be. That's why this bothered me right from the get go..

Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
bortzjr

Okay - I spoke with a technician at Chrysler uConnect and got the story. Very impressed with their response; both in turn around time and in thoroughness. This is one reason why I've been a Chrysler fan since 1986.

They are completely aware of our problem with iPODS playing songs in alphabetical order. Many Apple products currently have issues with their uConnect units. The reason why? Apple releases software updates which are sometimes compatable with uConnect, sometimes they aren't. Lately they haven't been. The uConnect system was originally designed to play songs in proper track order, along with other features that allow the customer many more options than I can currently find on my unit. It is Chrysler's intention to update their software to return these features to us.

For any particular vehicle model Chrysler is limited to one software update release per quarter (4 X per year). They don't think they will get the uConnect update ready by the next release, but they also don't believe it will take another year. It is their intention to provide these uConnect updates directly to the customer through an Internet site which is already available for use.

www.driveuconnect.com/support/dodge

There are 3 updates currently available but none for my unit, which is a 4.3 without Sirrius, Chrysler designation "RHA". I was told that when an update is available I must insert an empty thumbdrive into my computer, download the update to the thumbdrive, and insert the thumbdrive into the vehicle's USB port. The uConnect will recognize the update file and begin prompting me through the process. Vehicle systems may temporarily operate since the uConnect controls more than just entertainment and the update may also update these other systems.

The technician also said there is a way for the customer to check which software version is currently loaded on the uConnect. Press Settings, select System Info, then select Setup. My unit did not display a System Info choice so maybe that is part of the next update. We shall see...

Anyway, the discussion was highly encouraging and I hope Chrysler follows through. I will periodically check the DRIVEUCONNECT site and report back if the update is there.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
sdeyoung

Awesome news! I just hope that they follow through.

I was having an issue with the Evic center always defaulting back to MPH after the vehicle was turned off. I was in for an oil change yesterday and mentioned this for the third or fourth time. Luckily this time I had someone actually look into it and reflash my car with an update. For the first time since I bought the car (November 2011) my car now displays Km/h when I start it up. I guess it came down to talking to the right person.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
xsdbs
Captain

1) Yes they have known about this issue since a minimal of October of last year when I tried to ask about it. That is about 7 months ago. If they knew about it prior to that, then it would be longer. So if they have know about it at least 7 months, wouldn't that be give them at least 2 opportunities to fix it and deliver a SW update to the customers?
2) I haven't heard of either of the suppliers of the Uconnect system (of which there are 3) having plans for quarterly updates.
3) If this was related to an APPLE SW update, then why doesn't it happen to the Uconnect system that supports the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ)? WHy do they have the choice to play CD's individually with proper tracking sequence or "play all" which would play all the albums by that artist in an out of order alphabetical sequence? I do have an email out to an APPLE contact asking about this, but I don't think it would be APPLE related.

Editing consists of a reply that I rec'd from an APPLE contact:

Who creates this list? I mean, does Apple create this “play all” to be in alphabetical order or does the HFM (hands free module,in this case Uconnect)?
The HFM decides which lists they want to display and the way they are sorted out. In that case the HFM requests the “Play All” list, in alphabetical order. If the HFM requests the content of a single album to be in the correct sequence, then the tracks will be returned in the correct order according to the album. The iPod is able to return the list in pure track alphabetical order, as you see it. As your customer suggests, we could also return those tracks in albums order, and within each album display the tracks alphabetically. This is another type of request to the iPod and it is technically possible to do it so.

Okay - I spoke with a technician at Chrysler uConnect and got the story. Very impressed with their response; both in turn around time and in thoroughness. This is one reason why I've been a Chrysler fan since 1986.

They are completely aware of our problem with iPODS playing songs in alphabetical order. Many Apple products currently have issues with their uConnect units. The reason why? Apple releases software updates which are sometimes compatable with uConnect, sometimes they aren't. Lately they haven't been. The uConnect system was originally designed to play songs in proper track order, along with other features that allow the customer many more options than I can currently find on my unit. It is Chrysler's intention to update their software to return these features to us.

For any particular vehicle model Chrysler is limited to one software update release per quarter (4 X per year). They don't think they will get the uConnect update ready by the next release, but they also don't believe it will take another year. It is their intention to provide these uConnect updates directly to the customer through an Internet site which is already available for use.

www.driveuconnect.com/support/dodge

There are 3 updates currently available but none for my unit, which is a 4.3 without Sirrius, Chrysler designation "RHA". I was told that when an update is available I must insert an empty thumbdrive into my computer, download the update to the thumbdrive, and insert the thumbdrive into the vehicle's USB port. The uConnect will recognize the update file and begin prompting me through the process. Vehicle systems may temporarily operate since the uConnect controls more than just entertainment and the update may also update these other systems.

The technician also said there is a way for the customer to check which software version is currently loaded on the uConnect. Press Settings, select System Info, then select Setup. My unit did not display a System Info choice so maybe that is part of the next update. We shall see...

Anyway, the discussion was highly encouraging and I hope Chrysler follows through. I will periodically check the DRIVEUCONNECT site and report back if the update is there.

Last edited by xsdbs; 06-14-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:31 PM
raysanders2

I just wanted to see if there had been an update on this issue. I recently bought a 2012 Charger with the Uconnect 4.3s system and would love for my albums/playlists to play in order.

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 PM
sdeyoung

Not that I know of but I kinda gave up.. No one seems to care..

Quick Reply: uconnect 4.3 and iPod help