Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

LOC Install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
LiftedMegaCab Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOC Install question

I have a 2006 Ram mega cab, I built a custom sub box ran all wires and everything works fine except one issue. I wired the LOC Right behind the head unit and it works, The issue is that when i put the head unit on volume 1 the Subs are pounding like they are turned all the way up. But it down to zero they shut off completely. I tried turning gain down but you have to turn it down almost all the way then the subs dont increase in volume. Any help would be awesome. It does have the infinity 7 speaker W/o Navigation.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The stock Infinity is likely part of your issue. Although the have the right idea, I think your LOC placement is your issue. Pull off your lower B pillar and put the LOC on the speaker wires in the pillar from the door.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM
LiftedMegaCab Ram

Well, I tried putting the LOC after the infinity amp and its still doing the same thing, at volume 1 the bass is the same as volume 30. Im completely stumped. Alos, I was referring to the gain adjustment on the amp and I tied into yellow/gray, gray/blue, green/yellow, green/blue.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 PM
lyndo
Rookie

when i installed my LOC I only tapped into the left front speaker. I tapped into the dark green-yellow stripe (left front +) and dark green light blue stripe (left front -) wires, so you should be tied into the proper wires. I tapped into the wires before the main plug on the left side of the footwell on the drivers side. The wires you tapped into for the right speaker are the correct ones as well so maybe you have the polarity of one of the sets of wires wrong?

Quick Reply: LOC Install question