Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

6x9's

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM
cmpx3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6x9's

I currently have the alpine sps-609 3way 6x9's in the front doors of my 07 q.c. I think i read where the bottom mount depth was 3" on the Alpines. I would lile to get some Infinity kappa 6939i 3 way 6x9's. I think the bottom mount depth is 3 5/8 according to sonicelectronix. These speakers looked up under
Sonicelectronicx as a "fit", but also have a disclaimer. Crutchfield lookup says they wont fit. Does anyone actually have these in thier truck? Just dont want to have window or door panel issues.thanx

Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I dont have them but you could always make some trim rings from 1/2 or 3/4 wood to extend them off the door and try to get the clearance that way.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
cmpx3
Rookie

Thanks... I thought about that but was worried about it sticking out too far to get the door panel back on without trimming a hole for the tweeters.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
cmpx3
Rookie

In case anyone wanted to know. I ended up getting infinity reference 9633cf 6x9 s. Got them in the front doors ok. Should have took some pics through the process ,but was in a time crunch. The back (the metal basket) of the speakers were a little too big for the factory hole. I ended up making relief cuts around the perimeter of the speaker hole to make it a little larger.I could nt use a spacer because even with opening up the speaker hole a little so it could sit a little deeper the tweeters still have some pressure on the door panal. It's not enough to effect anything. So....for anyone thinking about these speakers, they will fit. Just need some massaging to get them in there. Havent really had a chance yet to tune them to report on the sound quality. Thanks to the guys that posted to help.