Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Iphone cable not charging

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Sabre Derek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone cable not charging

2010 Grand Caravan SXT. The owners manual says cable in glove box should be able to plug in a Ipod/Iphone to access music AND CHARGE the device. I Plug in my old Iphone 3GS and I get "charging not supported" message on the phone, it does access the music. Mentioned it to the dealer when getting a oil change and they said I need to get some adapter as charging pins were changed by APPLE befoe the 3GS was made. I have never heard of this, has anyone else?
Should my 3GS be charging?

Not sure of the radio model but it has uconnect, Hard drive, full screen with back up camera but no Nav.

thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on the lower right hand corner of the radio face plate, there will be a 3 digit code, this is the radio model.
What color is the 30 pin connector that you plug into the Iphone? If it's black, then it won't charge, as the dealer said, Apple did change a few pins and did away with the firewire they used to have. You'll need the white cable pictured below: (PN 82212000)

Originally Posted by Sabre Derek
2010 Grand Caravan SXT. The owners manual says cable in glove box should be able to plug in a Ipod/Iphone to access music AND CHARGE the device. I Plug in my old Iphone 3GS and I get "charging not supported" message on the phone, it does access the music. Mentioned it to the dealer when getting a oil change and they said I need to get some adapter as charging pins were changed by APPLE befoe the 3GS was made. I have never heard of this, has anyone else?
Should my 3GS be charging?

Not sure of the radio model but it has uconnect, Hard drive, full screen with back up camera but no Nav.

thanks in advance

Last edited by xsdbs; 09-05-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Iphone cable not charging