Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Upgrade to Uconnect Bluetooth and Single DVD Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RobertHedan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade to Uconnect Bluetooth and Single DVD Entertainment System

Did forum search for upgrade 130 430 RES RBZ but found 496 hits only for upgrade since the other tags are too short. I went through the first 6 pages and didn't see anything for this topic.

Hi,

I currently have the series model 130 radio (RES) with anti-theft but no
Bluetooth button:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps95889de8.jpg

I wish to have two upgrades installed:

- Single DVD Entertainment System (along with model 430 radio RBZ and
Parkview rearview camera)

- Uconnect Hands-Free System (including wheel, bluetooth function and
rearview mirror with microphone)

Two local dealerships had problems doing this exact upgrade to other
customers and weren't able to get all the functions to work properly
(the radio also generated codes). They said "Chrysler techs" were unable
to help them.

I looked at Factory Chrysler Parts and was quickly lost in determining exactly
what components are required to accomplish this upgrade:
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...rimLevel=18799

Any help in determining what assemblies/parts/wiring are required as well as
any installation procedures would be greatly appreciated. I do not intend to
do this myself, but would like to provide all information to the local
dealership so they may do the job properly.

EDIT: I must do this using factory parts only due to court settlement and warranty issues.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Robert

Last edited by RobertHedan; 01-28-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:15 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to make sure that I fully understand what you're wanting to do. 1) The part about "single DVD entertainment system", is this for rear seat entertainment? If so then you'll be adding rear screens also?
2) You mentioned that a local shop tried to do this but had issues that the dealer couldn't help with, what were those issues?
3) There will be a problem trying to incorporate the rear view mirror with mics. The reason why is because the wiring harness isn't in the vehicle unless it's equipped with it, the 2 style of harnesses are different.
4) You also mentioned a "court settlement and warranty" being the reason why you must use factory parts. What is this about?

Originally Posted by RobertHedan
Did forum search for upgrade 130 430 RES RBZ but found 496 hits only for upgrade since the other tags are too short. I went through the first 6 pages and didn't see anything for this topic.

Hi,

I currently have the series model 130 radio (RES) with anti-theft but no
Bluetooth button:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps95889de8.jpg

I wish to have two upgrades installed:

- Single DVD Entertainment System (along with model 430 radio RBZ and
Parkview rearview camera)

- Uconnect Hands-Free System (including wheel, bluetooth function and
rearview mirror with microphone)

Two local dealerships had problems doing this exact upgrade to other
customers and weren't able to get all the functions to work properly
(the radio also generated codes). They said "Chrysler techs" were unable
to help them.

I looked at Factory Chrysler Parts and was quickly lost in determining exactly
what components are required to accomplish this upgrade:
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...rimLevel=18799

Any help in determining what assemblies/parts/wiring are required as well as
any installation procedures would be greatly appreciated. I do not intend to
do this myself, but would like to provide all information to the local
dealership so they may do the job properly.

EDIT: I must do this using factory parts only due to court settlement and warranty issues.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Robert

Old 02-05-2015, 05:00 PM
RobertHedan

Originally Posted by xsdbs
I just want to make sure that I fully understand what you're wanting to do. 1) The part about "single DVD entertainment system", is this for rear seat entertainment? If so then you'll be adding rear screens also?
Yes, the intention was to install a DVD entertainment system with model 430 radio, Parkview camera and bluetooth hands free wheel controls just as the packages appear in the brochure.

2) You mentioned that a local shop tried to do this but had issues that the dealer couldn't help with, what were those issues?
It was a dealership that wasn't able to install the system. They had mentionned something about rearview camera not working on the radio display. They also couldn't guarantee if every feature would work.

3) There will be a problem trying to incorporate the rear view mirror with mics. The reason why is because the wiring harness isn't in the vehicle unless it's equipped with it, the 2 style of harnesses are different.
That's what I thought. They would need to know exactly what harnesses to buy and they didn't seem to be able to figure that out. And I sure don't want to tell them what to buy, and then have them they couldn't figure it out and be billed for it.

4) You also mentioned a "court settlement and warranty" being the reason why you must use factory parts. What is this about?
The truck was bought new from a dealer but the sale is riddled with infractions to the consumer laws here in Quebec.

My lawyer wanted me to be informed on exactly what costs would be involved in making the truck "as it appears in the advertisement". It has to be done using what is shown in the brochure, so they can be included in the new vehicle warranty.

So far I've counted about 30 infractions to provincial consumer laws; courtesy car sold as new, accessories advertised as free were not delivered, accessories advertised as free had hidden installation fees, broken promises (favorite is proposing to exchange an SXT for a base model with Stow'n Go seats in both rear rows (good luck trying to do that), billed for a 7 year TAG but extra-fine print in back of contract says it's only valid 5 years, no copy of 6 year 120K Gold extended warranty given at delivery, the list just goes on.

This is turning into a very convoluted affair. It seems like the easiest route is to exchange the vehicle for another as advertised.

While I was doing my research, turns out they did the same thing to my daughter two years ago; sold her a used vehicle. It had been used as a courtesy, sold to an individual, then returned and then sold to her as new. So what do you think will happen if either of us ever total the trucks and then file an insurance claim (we both have AS NEW value on our policies).

She bought less than 3 years ago so she can also legally demand an exchange and/or compensation. She's talking with lawyers to find out exactly what we should be entitled to since this dealer is doing this apparently to all his clients.

Worst experience ever.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:12 AM
xsdbs
Captain

This all would not be an easy feat. I don't believe that individual connecting harnesses could be purchased. You see the harness mfg builds different harnesses that fit different builds. In this case I'm thinking that the IP (Instrument panel - dash), body harness and headliner harness (which is connected to the headliner itself) as well as some dash parts would all need to be replaced in order to do this to factory specs. The other problem would be that the vehicle would need to be completely dismantled to remove these parts. This would leave the vehicle possibly prone to rattles and squeaks unless all of the connecting clips and fasteners were replaced and even then the vehicle may not be "factory" sound. considering all the parts and man hours in labor, I can see this as easily becoming a $10,000 plus journey. Personally I'd be going after a new replacement with all the accessories that you are entitled to.
I hope this helps and I'm sorry if it's also disappointing information but as an Electrical Tech for more than 20 years with a lot of modifications experience, I just don't see this as a feasible venture.

Yes, the intention was to install a DVD entertainment system with model 430 radio, Parkview camera and bluetooth hands free wheel controls just as the packages appear in the brochure.

It was a dealership that wasn't able to install the system. They had mentionned something about rearview camera not working on the radio display. They also couldn't guarantee if every feature would work.

That's what I thought. They would need to know exactly what harnesses to buy and they didn't seem to be able to figure that out. And I sure don't want to tell them what to buy, and then have them they couldn't figure it out and be billed for it.

The truck was bought new from a dealer but the sale is riddled with infractions to the consumer laws here in Quebec.

My lawyer wanted me to be informed on exactly what costs would be involved in making the truck "as it appears in the advertisement". It has to be done using what is shown in the brochure, so they can be included in the new vehicle warranty.

So far I've counted about 30 infractions to provincial consumer laws; courtesy car sold as new, accessories advertised as free were not delivered, accessories advertised as free had hidden installation fees, broken promises (favorite is proposing to exchange an SXT for a base model with Stow'n Go seats in both rear rows (good luck trying to do that), billed for a 7 year TAG but extra-fine print in back of contract says it's only valid 5 years, no copy of 6 year 120K Gold extended warranty given at delivery, the list just goes on.

This is turning into a very convoluted affair. It seems like the easiest route is to exchange the vehicle for another as advertised.

While I was doing my research, turns out they did the same thing to my daughter two years ago; sold her a used vehicle. It had been used as a courtesy, sold to an individual, then returned and then sold to her as new. So what do you think will happen if either of us ever total the trucks and then file an insurance claim (we both have AS NEW value on our policies).

She bought less than 3 years ago so she can also legally demand an exchange and/or compensation. She's talking with lawyers to find out exactly what we should be entitled to since this dealer is doing this apparently to all his clients.

Worst experience ever.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:28 PM
nrsource19
Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 AM
xsdbs
Captain

This isn't what the OP is looking for. He mentioned "Factory parts".

Originally Posted by nrsource19

Old 02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
RobertHedan

Originally Posted by xsdbs
This all would not be an easy feat. I don't believe that individual connecting harnesses could be purchased. ... I can see this as easily becoming a $10,000 plus journey. Personally I'd be going after a new replacement with all the accessories that you are entitled to.
I hope this helps and I'm sorry if it's also disappointing information but as an Electrical Tech for more than 20 years with a lot of modifications experience, I just don't see this as a feasible venture.

I'm going to pick this one as my answer 'cause he says exactly what I want to hear.

Seriously, thank you all for your time. I am moving on with proceedings to exchange the vehicle since I now have proof of fraud in my purchase.

If the dealership won't give what is due plus compensation, I can always file small claims court. I cannot imagine a judge ruling against me, I've counted over 30 infractions now and the law states the merchant only has to break one for me to demand reparation. I would expect the judge to enforce the obligation, as well as compensation; small claims can go up to $15,000 here.

If the dealership is not reasonable, I can always forward a copy of all this to the local D.A.; there's several laws in there that clearly describe the fines the dealership owner, salesman and finance director can face. Each offence doubles the minimum fine; that bill rises at a phenomenal rate. And then there's always shows like Marketplace, I figure they could always use a case like this if they're low on material (I have proof it was done in 2 out of 3 dealerships owned by the same individuals).

I know "something" has happened since my purchase 'cause now his ad describes the 2014 models as "exposition models with 20 to 80 km". Someone must have busted his chops for them to mention that. It's also a tacit admission of guilt when you think about it.

Thanks all and safe driving!

Old 02-10-2015, 07:31 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Glad that I could help you out and good luck with this mess. I feel that you'll get it handled to your satisfaction.
Oh, I'll send you my bill to add to your charges.

I'm going to pick this one as my answer 'cause he says exactly what I want to hear.

Seriously, thank you all for your time. I am moving on with proceedings to exchange the vehicle since I now have proof of fraud in my purchase.

If the dealership won't give what is due plus compensation, I can always file small claims court. I cannot imagine a judge ruling against me, I've counted over 30 infractions now and the law states the merchant only has to break one for me to demand reparation. I would expect the judge to enforce the obligation, as well as compensation; small claims can go up to $15,000 here.

If the dealership is not reasonable, I can always forward a copy of all this to the local D.A.; there's several laws in there that clearly describe the fines the dealership owner, salesman and finance director can face. Each offence doubles the minimum fine; that bill rises at a phenomenal rate. And then there's always shows like Marketplace, I figure they could always use a case like this if they're low on material (I have proof it was done in 2 out of 3 dealerships owned by the same individuals).

I know "something" has happened since my purchase 'cause now his ad describes the 2014 models as "exposition models with 20 to 80 km". Someone must have busted his chops for them to mention that. It's also a tacit admission of guilt when you think about it.

Thanks all and safe driving!

Quick Reply: Upgrade to Uconnect Bluetooth and Single DVD Entertainment System