Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Finished a few boxes this weekend **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:38 PM
alpine25
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished a few boxes this weekend **PICS**

Well, We finished a few boxes this weekend, one is a snailshell for a guy on sounddomain and one is a ported box for 2 type r 10's, for a guy on caraudio.com. Let me know what you think.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:47 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finished a few boxes this weekend **PICS**

Pretty nice. Must be nice to have all the right tools and not just a jigsaw hahaah. I replaced the Alpine MRD-M350 with a MRD-M605 for the TREO. I had a to rebalance the hole system out again. I just wish that Alpine would make a 2 channel that matches the construction of the M-605. They have the 4 channel, but I'm too lazy to run the extra set of RCAs for the door speakers and then speaker wire back up to the doors ahhaah. Took it back to the guys at Metro Audio for a show off and found out that the Kenwood HU volume goes from 0-35(max) in about 2 secs haha. Normal listening is at 20, show off at 25. The guy I always go to said to take it to 30 (he would replace anything that broke right there on the spot, this is why I like these guys). And man the car shook. So bad/good that I noticed going home there was a VERY nasty buzz/rattle at 50-54hz. After pulling over to check out any damage, found out that the upper panel of the inside tailgate was the culprit. I stuffed a piece of cloth under it and the rattle is barely there. Now I am going to have to take it off and see what I can do silence it. I know the dynomat type stuff is good, but dang it more $$$ hahah. I guess Im going to have to get some. The point of this post, when you lay the mat down do you cut the holes where the clips go in bigger so that the clip mount still touches the metal? Or does the mat compress enough that I cut the hole to the exact size? I still havent been able to get the car SPL'd yet. The Metro guys are sill looking for the sensor to laptop card cable. BUUUUUUUUT, Jessi(my salesman) at the last sound off was able to "ear" a system to within 2db, and he said 142ish db. Thats a +13db from the sensored sound off I did with the M-350 & the 2 S-Type 10s. I'm about ready to order the dang cable and give it to them hahah. Here is a pic of my "shop" when building the last creations in my apt.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/8C48A5F977D247E688F019C8DF3D0B0E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Finished a few boxes this weekend **PICS**