Amplifier help/suggestions - DodgeForum.com

Notices

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Amplifier help/suggestions

Old 03-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Flrock

Default Amplifier help/suggestions

2006 ram 1500 and the infinity sound system has finally sh*t the bed. The head unit has been going out for years now and the door speakers have finally blown. So far the only purchases I have made are the following:

New head unit - JVC KW-R925BTS
Front door speakers- 41KSC6934 6X9 (150rms @ 4 ohm)
Rear door speakers - 41KSC654 6.5" (100rms @ 4 ohm)

I know I'll need an amp but am concerned on how to go about this. I plan to add a sub (10" single, as I dont want to lose all of the cargo storage space, but am trying to push that off some). Crutchfield suggested this Pioneer "GM-D8604" which is 100watt RMS X 4 @ 4 ohms.

The 6X9's run at 150w RMS and the 6.5" run at 100w RMS. Based on this recommendation I'd be running the 6X9's -50w RMS and will still need another amp for the sub addition. Should I be looking for a 2 channel for the 6X9's and a 3-4 channel to run the 6.5's and the 10" sub?

Any suggestions on solid clean sub's as well as wiring kits that are needed? I like my music loud and want to make sure I hear every beat of a double bass drum

Budget is of course a factor within reason, meaning if the best option for convenience and longevity is to wait and save I guess I'd just have to do that.

Search this Thread