Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Install of MTX Thunderforms Sub & Kenwood Head Unit into 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 PM
IronMonkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install of MTX Thunderforms Sub & Kenwood Head Unit into 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab

Here's my ghetto video of still photos and some video from my install experience of an amplified MTX Thunderforms sub (bought it complete from Crutchfield, probably overpaid) and I also replaced my first aftermarket deck with a Kenwood new unit with USB/3.5mm input/Pandora/Sirius/etc etc (awesome deck). Video production values are driveway quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqxljmG8vpk

Took about 3 hours, sounds great to these middle aged ears. And to my teen daughter who wants to thump the suburbs.

Additional notes (I posted these in tech forum):

-Rear speaker wires were all cracked and split in the door jamb area, slit open the rubber gasket channel and repaired those, also replaced the door speakers w Polk front & rear.

-Wind noise? I pushed tubing (e.g. clear 7/16" or 3/8" from Home Depot, or surgical tubing) thru the existing seals.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Dudemanbrother
Professional

The carpet is only held on by push fasteners under the back seat, have you considered fishing your wires under it? It looks so much cleaner IMO but obviously that's your decision. Also, black wire loom over the wire in the engine bay makes it look factory, again just to really clean it up. You did a pretty nice job though overall. I like my thunder form too.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:07 PM
IronMonkey

Thanks for the tips, I will likely do both of those mods.

Quick Reply: Install of MTX Thunderforms Sub & Kenwood Head Unit into 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab