Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

MyGig canbus issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:03 AM
itkonen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig canbus issue

I have been working to upgrade the audiosystem in my gf's 2008 Dodge Caliber. First i changed regular oem cd-player to mygig REW ( RER in US ) with lockpick adapter. And of course center console from 2010 Caliber to have physical fitment to new HU. It worked like it should in 2008 Caliber. Except that little thing that Lockpick-adapter had two channels in wrong phase in harness and it sounded like crap until fixed that. But Musicgate system has it's bad points that are lack of higher frequencies and subwoofer playing another song than rest of the setup. So decided to have better amps and a good DSP.

I took out OEM amps and installed Match pp86dsp ( 8 ch amp with integrated 9 ch DSP and sub out ) and Rainbow Dream
sub amp sub amp
. Boy those speakers got a new life and sounded totally fantastic compared to what they were before after a while of adjusting with a PC.

BUT. Sometimes it works so that I can only get rear sound and hell of a loud ( luckily have separate sub-level & volume control to Match to turn it down ). This is caused by the canbus info from car to REW. That tells that there is oem amp present. And then regular speaker outputs of unit turn to balanced outputs ( only rear ) and volume and balance should be handled via can bus commands to amp. That is no longer there. So adjusting from HU does nothing.

I do not know why randomly it works ok ( car does NOT say via canbus that it has amp ) and randomly not ( car saying it has amp ). Both amps are out of the car and I have allready tried another Lockpick so that is not the issue. I have also done factory reset to HU, soft and hard reset and took out fuses for overnight etc. Still randomly works like should and randomly does not.

Any solutions? Is info of having oem amps coded in to the ECU of car and should it be repgrogrammed by dealer? Or is there some hidden unit that belongs to Musicgate system and it says via canbus that the system is present? Or what to do?