Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

aux input help?

Old 01-06-2015, 03:05 PM
protivakid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieS
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue.
We have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. It has a dvd player, so it has the red/white aux cable inputs. Last winter I bought a cable with rca audio on one end and 3.5mm on the other. My son would plug it in to his iPhone and push the mode button on the stereo. The stereo would give the message "no ext disc" and then after maybe 30 seconds, it would seem to "find" the iPhone and switch to AUX.
Well, the last couple weeks, this no longer works. It just contiues to say "no ext disc". We can't get it to find the iPhone, or switch to AUX. Can you please help? I would like to make this cable work rather than buy another style. Thank you! Julie
From everything I have read the trick is to have the iPhone playing and at MAX volume, then wait a few seconds and try to search for the AUX input. Many others claim this fixes the issue.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:16 AM
Rattle

Perhaps, Is there something wrong with the driver? you can check your system. Or you can ask Google for help.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:46 PM
neal.schaefer
Default Aux mode won't recognize Phone

I just bought a used 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan-SXT (which we LOVE) - and bought the cable to connect to the RCA audio input. Exact same symptoms described above. Click button to go to AUX mode with phone plugged in and playing - but screen just displays "NO DISC". Occassionally - it will *get it* - switch to Aux Mode - and then I'm good to go. But there doesn't seem to be a repeatable way to make that happen and stay working. Any other input from anyone who may have solved this would be HUGE! - Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aux input help?