Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Anyone DIY'd a sub box for center front seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
jjrush52
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone DIY'd a sub box for center front seat?

I've got an 04 QC Ram and would like to know if anybody has fab'd a box to fit inside the stock center bench. I know there are boxes that replace the center seat of the front but It seems to me like you could fit a 10 or a 12 in a simple box underneath. I haven't taken the seat out but just from trying to look and feel under there it seems like it could work. Does anyone have any experience with this or is it just too shallow of a cavity?

J

Old 10-19-2006, 05:47 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Anyone DIY'd a sub box for center front seat?

ORIGINAL: jjrush52

I've got an 04 QC Ram and would like to know if anybody has fab'd a box to fit inside the stock center bench. I know there are boxes that replace the center seat of the front but It seems to me like you could fit a 10 or a 12 in a simple box underneath. I haven't taken the seat out but just from trying to look and feel under there it seems like it could work. Does anyone have any experience with this or is it just too shallow of a cavity?

J
There's a guy who makes custom subboxes that fit under the stock center bench. They can fit a 10" or 12" and the guys uses factory cloth to match your interior. They're called HotBoxes and you can find them on eBaY!

Here's the link....

eBaY Hot Box 10" or 12" sub box

Personally, it's a good deal. The box is designed specifically for your truck....will look completely stock on the outside...and more to the point, allows you to carry on as if nothing is there....

Old 10-19-2006, 05:51 PM
jjrush52

Thank you for the link but that's what I was referring too. I've seen the replacement seat but has anyone tried mounting a box to the floor that the stock seat could set down over?

J

Old 10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: jjrush52

Thank you for the link but that's what I was referring too. I've seen the replacement seat but has anyone tried mounting a box to the floor that the stock seat could set down over?

J
The problem with DIY's in this regard is that your dealing with an uneven floor surface. Most of these boxes are custom designed using a fiberglass bottom or they are built custom to the contour of your truck. Doing these yourself can result in far less sound quality and can potentially damage your equipment if the box isnt built right. I built my own for the rear in my clubcab Dakota....and not only was it a pain...but took a lot longer then I wanted it to. Having said that, if your good with tools and fiberglass...then it may not be as bad of an ordeal for you. The homemade sub box did sound better then the store bought.

Everything I've seen on this sub box would make me buy it....

If your really wanting to put subs in your truck...why not go the rear seat route and get one of the JL Audio Stealthboxes?

Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
matsram
Professional

i had one built to hold two w7's it starts where the factory center consul was and goes to just in front of my rear seat but instead of fabric i painted it to my truck with the factory top arm rest on it this gave it a real custom look. plus it sounds great!

Old 10-31-2006, 05:36 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I saw a tutorial on how to do this once, but I cant remember where.... I think it is pretty self explainitory on how to get the compartment off the seat once you look at it.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 PM
lyndonboyd
Thumbs up Ram Stealth Center Seat sub Enclosure

Hello , I have designed this stealth enclosure for my 03 Dodge Ram. I couldn't find one to blend in with the factory interior so I built one. It fits 02-08 Dodge Rams. It is built out of molded fiberglass and 3/4 MDF and coated with bedliner material for a rock hard shell. It comes with all hardware required and you use your factory middle seat cover so it blends perfectly.This Esoteric Ram enclosure is as stealthy as they come with a clever design that replaces the lower center cushion of the Ram's front seat with a sealed subwoofer enclosure. Your factory upholstery covers the box for a perfect factory look.

The forward location and down-firing design of this Esoteric enclosure deliver amazing "up-front" bass presence and stunning impact at a fraction of the price of similar enclosures.

Features:

* Made from molded fiberglass and 3/4 mdf.

* Armor coated with bedliner material.

* Uses factory seat cover and armrest with no changes to original equipment.

* Bolts in place with six 5/16 steel bolts in factory location.

* 8" mounting depth for sub gives you almost unlimited options.

* .85 cuft

* Lower price than similar enclosures.

* Get 12", 10" or 8" hole in your enclosure.

* Hand made in the USA with hand laid fiberglass.
Buy now for Only $150
BoydAudioDesign.com
Buy Here

Quick Reply: Anyone DIY'd a sub box for center front seat?