DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-16/)
-   -   im stumped (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics/9489-im-stumped.html)

sushi423 08-22-2004 02:45 AM

im stumped

i mention earlier i have 2 1230w's and for some reason the left one hits so much worse then the right, if they would both hit hard it would be so loud, anyone just start throwing out ideas but ive prolly tried it, but just in case maybe someone will suggest something i havent tried yet to fix this problem, i am thinking about just returning them to circuit city for new ones since i still have my warranty.... myabe that will solve the problem.

gabesn200sx 08-22-2004 03:36 AM

RE: im stumped

It may be something simple like the box design. If there is not a divider in between the two subs, it may cause interferance. The other thing is the amp wiring. If you have the amp bridged, take a moment to double check the wiring is correct for that amp. Not all amps use the same connectors to bridge channels. You may have one bridged while the other is running the power of a single channel. Maybe the gain on that channel is lower, or check the balance on the stereo or preamp, or EQ, or crossover. Hard to tell, but hope this helps.

sushi423 08-22-2004 03:45 AM

gotcha covered..

the box is divided and sealed, teh wires are in right and connected good and its not bridged b/c my subs can't handle it they just shut off at normal volume.

Cr@zy Squ33 08-22-2004 04:26 AM

Have you tried to bridge them? If so and they still don't work I'd say one of the m is bad.

gabesn200sx 08-22-2004 02:11 PM

what do you mean shut off. You mean the system or the amp shuts off. If so then you probably do have a bad sub.

sushi423 08-22-2004 02:20 PM

f*ck thats what im starting to think[&o]
yes i bridged them and the bass sounds really really wierd and low and what i mean by shut off is when i turn it up to about volume 14 on my deck no more bass, the amp is still on and music is still playing, back when my subs where good i tried bridging them and it sounded a little better but still shut off at like volume 16 or 17.

Cr@zy Squ33 08-22-2004 02:47 PM

Sound like one or both are bad.

sushi423 08-23-2004 03:11 AM

i can tell which one is bad b/c if i look in my side view mirror(drivers side) it shakes like hell.. look at the other one, no shaking what so ever. even looking at them you can tell one is just not pushing at all.

casper 08-23-2004 03:21 PM

I don't understand the mirror thing at all either, I have a quite a few cars with quite a few different systems and I have noticed that the rearview and driver side mirrors will shake, but it takes a lot more bass for the passenger mirror to shake, ie 1500 watts of bass.

sushi423 08-23-2004 09:22 PM

well yea mine doesnt shake so i can def tell that my left sub isnt working properly