DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-29/)
-   -   "American" Chrysler lifts dealership spirits & orders (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/108061-american-chrysler-lifts-dealership-spirits-and-orders.html)

HankL 05-27-2007 11:02 AM

"American" Chrysler lifts dealership spirits & orders

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...705260327/1148

Perhaps GM should be sold to Magna
and Blackstone Group buy Ford?

dodgebrothers 05-27-2007 11:26 AM

RE: "American" Chrysler lifts dealership spirtits & orders

Consistent with my focus group of one, I know one dealership owner personally, and their reaction was just like this article.

Good news.

ineedboost 05-28-2007 02:45 PM

I too know and work with an area Chrysler/Jeep dealership and they are for the most part excited about Daimler hitting the road. Their only concern is that they are a small dealership that does not sell the Dodge brand and there is some worry about being squeezed out. They already have a problem getting the more popular models (Wranglers, Patriots and Compass)because they are relatively small volume. As for me I am very excited that Chrysler is an independent "American" brand again. Most of the product line is fairly new which should give the new owners a little time to get the next models right. Their first order should be "No ugly vehicles, nside or out!" When Daimler bought Chrysler they were the leader in style and design. They need to get that back. The new minivans are about to debut so its to late to change them and the next Ram is probably to far along for any major changes. I think their biggest short coming accross the board is their interiors, they just are not world class. When was the last time you read a review of a Chrysler product where theyreally liked the interior,Itruly can't remember one. Even the reviews of the 300 said the it needed a better interior.

Dakota_24 05-28-2007 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: ineedboost

I too know and work with an area Chrysler/Jeep dealership and they are for the most part excited about Daimler hitting the road. Their only concern is that they are a small dealership that does not sell the Dodge brand and there is some worry about being squeezed out. They already have a problem getting the more popular models (Wranglers, Patriots and Compass)because they are relatively small volume. As for me I am very excited that Chrysler is an independent "American" brand again. Most of the product line is fairly new which should give the new owners a little time to get the next models right. Their first order should be "No ugly vehicles, nside or out!" When Daimler bought Chrysler they were the leader in style and design. They need to get that back. The new minivans are about to debut so its to late to change them and the next Ram is probably to far along for any major changes. I think their biggest short coming accross the board is their interiors, they just are not world class. When was the last time you read a review of a Chrysler product where theyreally liked the interior,Itruly can't remember one. Even the reviews of the 300 said the it needed a better interior.
I don't care what review's say...I don't have a problem with the interior in either of their cars. Reviewers are not the end all be all of cars. Too many people, are too lazy anddepend on what magazines and tv auto shows say about cars, and thats how they make their decision. I make up my own mind

CarGuyOhio 05-28-2007 11:26 PM

I will be at the dealership tomorrow AM trying to work a deal. :)

ineedboost 05-29-2007 01:27 PM

I totally agree with what you are saying about reviews and the people that right them, and like you I make up my own mind. If it were up to me Consumer Reports would be banned from the planet. However, for the millions of lemmings that can not even choose a brand of peanut butter on their own (my sister-in) these reviews are what determines what vehicles they even look at , much less buy. Like it or not most of these people have read over and over that Chrysler interiors are Cheap, plastic looking, and in general not as good as the competition. Because of that they never step footin a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep showroom. Too many times I have readreviews in the automotive press where the big three (nice to be able to say that again) wins the content, performance, design and bang for the buck test but, still finishes last or second last because of some nit picking tester who would never pick a domestic no matter how good they are. Their first choice is always BMW followed by Toyota or Honda, if theres no BMW in the test. It drives me nuts. If Chrysler is to survive and prosper they need to sell more vehicles to these lemmings and new buyers to the market. They will not survive because of long time Mopar buyers like ourselves. The same goes for GM and Ford.

dodgebrothers 05-31-2007 01:39 AM

Agreed.

I happen to agree w/ a recent article noted Musclecar guy Paul Zazariane wrote saying the big 3 should out do Toyota & Honda w/ "Americanism". The big 3 brought musclecars and trucks in particular. Nobody is searching for a Honda for that "nostalgic" movie, nor will they.

That's part of the reason the retro stuff (Challenger, new Camaro, Mustang) have all been hits...they're uniquely American and take us back to a very proud period...nobody else can do that but them. I hope the GTO and perhaps a "Stage 1" Buick Lucerne (w/ some true grit under the hood) hit the market too.

deranged 05-31-2007 09:00 AM

Agreed! Chrysler and the other domestics should be campaigning their products AMERICAN heritage. These Toyota and Honda along with others commercials touting their products being assembled in the U.S. turn my stomach. They make it sound like they have been here from the beginning of automotive time and are worthy of being considered American companies. Not in my book. The profits are still taken back home to Japan, Korea, etc,etc.

The big three should be doing more real world comparisons with real prospective buyers to showcase their products against foreign competitors such as Ford is doing. Magazine reviews and such have been and always will be biased against domestics so the domestics should be doing their own comparisons and show the public what they offer to drum up enthusiasm for REAL AMERICAN products.