Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

3 cars to get axed

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: 3 cars to get axed

Interesting, a lot of the taxi's here in San Antonio are Dodge Magnums................

Dusty

Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see the Dakota made it through!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:30 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Altair

Glad to see the Dakota made it through!
For now. Let's hope it stays alive...

Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I think the PT Cruiser was inevitable. I mean really, how do you make a second generation of such a unique design without messing it up. I'm disappointed to see the Magnum and Pacifica fail. They were nice vehicles. I can understand why the Magnum failed, full-sized station wagons just aren't a popular choice anymore, the minivan replaced that segment back in the 80s. The Pacifica on the other hand I can't figure out. What was it that killed the Pacifica? I hope that Jeep kills off the Compass before the Commander though. I think they should consider offering the diesel and the 6.1L in it before they decide to liquidate it.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Dakota_24

I dont care what anyone says but the Pacifica is a wagon too; it just has a crossover title. And the Jeep should kill the Commander before the Compass.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

I dont care what anyone says but the Pacifica is a wagon too; it just has a crossover title. And the Jeep should kill the Commander before the Compass.
Well in all truth, crossovers are nothing other than successfully marketed wagons anyways. Why should Jeep kill the Commander before the Compass? The Commander is at least a true Jeep in terms of having the 4X4, mild off-roading capabilities. The Compass is nothing other than a wagon.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

Well in all truth, crossovers are nothing other than successfully marketed wagons anyways. Why should Jeep kill the Commander before the Compass? The Commander is at least a true Jeep in terms of having the 4X4, mild off-roading capabilities. The Compass is nothing other than a wagon.
First of all...Jeep already hasa full size suv and thats the Grand Cherokee, there is no need for the Commander. Second; the Compass is not a Wagon. It's more like a Hatchback-Sedan. It's really no different than the Chevrolet Citation of the early 80's.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

First of all...Jeep already hasa full size suv and thats the Grand Cherokee, there is no need for the Commander. Second; the Compass is not a Wagon. It's more like a Hatchback-Sedan. It's really no different than the Chevrolet Citation of the early 80's.
The Grand Cherokee is NOT a full-sized SUV, its mid-sized without a third row. A full-sized SUV ranges between a Tahoe and a Suburban. I agree that the Commander and Grand Cherokee are a little too similar, but I would rather them try a few adjustments to see if they can't get it to take off better than to just give up just like that. I see little difference between the two, besides that it still does not belong in the Jeep line up. The image of a Citation hardly brings up a positive impression in my mind. If Chrysler wanted to do this, bring back Eagle and use that division. Jeep is supposed to be about true SUVs, not cutesy models.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

The Grand Cherokee is NOT a full-sized SUV, its mid-sized without a third row. A full-sized SUV ranges between a Tahoe and a Suburban. I agree that the Commander and Grand Cherokee are a little too similar, but I would rather them try a few adjustments to see if they can't get it to take off better than to just give up just like that. I see little difference between the two, besides that it still does not belong in the Jeep line up. The image of a Citation hardly brings up a positive impression in my mind. If Chrysler wanted to do this, bring back Eagle and use that division. Jeep is supposed to be about true SUVs, not cutesy models.
Why is it so wrong for Jeep to have a sedan? I mean there is one thing I think that Chrysler should've done different with the Compass than the Dodge Caliber...Make it 4wd. Since Eagle isnt around; make it Eagle-esque. Then it would be true Jeep.

Quick Reply: 3 cars to get axed