Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Bankrupt????

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Bankrupt????

I heard in passing on the news todaythat Chrysler was "operationally bankrupt", but not "technically bankrupt" thanks to the ongoing credit crunch.......seems asthough they are having to sell off a lot of their property (land) and old factories at less than market value..........not a good omen........

Dusty

Old 12-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 12-22-2007, 01:10 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Chrysler Bankrupt????

Nowis the time to invest in this company. It'll grow folds over if the company regains its stance.

edit: I take that back, Chrysler is an independent privately owned company by Cerbus and A.G. ...

Old 12-23-2007, 07:38 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

yep, saw this too. The credit crunch is squeezing Cerberus, which will now have its own issues too. Man, just when Chrysler had another "lease" on life...we'll see. The "selling of assets" is really scarey... Moparwas almost sold once before in UAW negotiations...the hemi could be next...scarey stuff.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:31 PM
TSPRam

Nardelli has since clarified his "operationally bankrupt" statement, even claiming that Chrysler is hitting many of its financialtargets (whatever those may be).

"Chrysler is not only meeting, but, in many cases, exceeding its financial targets heading into 2008," Nardelli said. If you go to Google and hit the news button and then type in Chrysler, you can find several articles on this very topic. It appears to me that the only place we are "bankrupt" is in our design and styling areas...can we please bring back cab forward styling?

Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

It pains me to say, but after 25+ years as a devoted mopar/Chrysler dude, I'm hoping to get an order in on the Challenger w/ 6 speed and and I expect little else. I actually wonder whether the Challenger convertible will ever see the light of day? Projected for 2010, and we have not even made it a year and already these fact-based discussions about bankruptcy... UGHH!!!

Quick Reply: Chrysler Bankrupt????