Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

That Thing Got a HEMI®? Probably.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 12:17 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: That Thing Got a HEMI®? Probably.

More jobs for Americans, yay!

-Matt-

Old 12-11-2004, 05:41 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Default RE: That Thing Got a HEM®? Probably.

I believe OG MagDak is right on the german thing. Yes I know where every dcx product is made, I work for them. I've stated many times on this forum how much it grinds me where chrysler builds its "American" products.

Bob thats a rather odd rumor seeing that there is no engine plant in st. louis. Just the truck, and minivan plants. The plants I keep hearing might get some of the hemi are kenosha engine in wis, trenton engine in trenton mi, and mack engine in detroit. But I doubt it, unless there is some sort of PR disaster with it built in mexico. But most Americans could give a hoot where it is made as long as they don't lose their job. Like I and over 350 of my co-workers did thanks to the hemi.

Sorry to vent!

Joe

Old 12-11-2004, 07:35 PM
R/T JaKaL

I know at first thought the idea of a Mexican built anything brings to mind dusty dirty poorly slapped together and low grade metal vehicles. But on the other hand, I am sure all the R&D was not done there, and it is probably more affordable to build an engine, therefore being able to invest in higher quality parts and skilled workers. I am sure they dont just find a mexican in a run-down shak and put a wrench in his hand. LOL

[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 12-12-2004, 04:34 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: That Thing Got a HEMI®? Probably.

Rumor has it, they might start building more HEMI engines at a 2nd plant, at their St. Louis plant! Remember, just a rumor!

yea theyr gonna need it if they plan to drop the hemi in the dakota

not that i dont love all the HP wars but great time to have it while gass is +/- 2 dollars a gallon

Old 12-13-2004, 01:48 AM
redriderbob
Banned

No jgralka, you are completely right about just the truck and minivan plants, however, like I said a rumor has been going around that they will probably build on to the St. Louis plant, and make an engine building along side the truck plant, within the next two years. But like I said, it is just a rumor.

But an American site for HEMI engine production is under review I am told, in order to save cost of shipping the engines to the Jefferson Ave. Plant, Newark, Brampton, and the St. Louis plant; from Mexico. Plus HEMI production is expect to be in more demand, so they will need to open another plant, if not build on to the Satillio plant, where the HEMI is being built as we speak!

redriderbob

Old 12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
R/T JaKaL

That would be cool, I just keep praying for a 2 door muscle machine for the masses.

Old 12-13-2004, 02:30 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Hmm... I'd find it hard to believe they would build a new plant, when you have a brand new plant running at half capacity(mack), Trenton runs at about 60 percent capacity. I don't know about Kenosha, but since they stole the 3.5 away from Trenton I would assume they are doing just ducky. But this is Chrysler, you find the hardest, most asinine way to do something, and thats how we will do it![:@] But it sure would be great if they built it here! Mack or Trenton would make the most sense to me, because two of the five plants that use the hemi are right here! Warren truck, and jefferson north. Plus they are closer to Newark and brampton.

Joe

Old 12-13-2004, 02:47 AM
redriderbob
Banned

The Mack Ave. Plant would make best sense to me... it seems dead there anymore... Trenton, seems like they just slowly keep putting products out of there, the past few years... you would think that bringing the HEMI assembly back to Michigan would be best for the company and its customers. We all have seen some of the sloppy work that comes out of Mexico. But hopefully, Chrysler Group will get their act together.

redriderbob

Old 12-15-2004, 05:31 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I agree with you Bob, mack would make the most sense, its the newest, closest, and least used of the bunch. Plus on a personal note, I WANT TO GO BACK! Man I miss that place! Also we were the plant that got hit hardest by the hemi, it would only seem right for mack to get it.

Joe

Quick Reply: That Thing Got a HEMI®? Probably.