Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge out of buisness?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Dtruck96
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge out of buisness?

SoI was reading on AOL mail today, and it had a list of 11 top big buisnesses that could possibly go out of buisness in 08'. And suprisingly and sadly enough Dodge was #7. Here is what was stated.

24/7 Wall St.'s Take on Dodge
Dodge is part of the Chrysler company which was recently bought out by private equity firm Cerberus. Chrysler management has already said that the company has too many brands and too many dealers. Dodge vehicles will probably be re-branded as Chrysler and Dodge will go the way of the Dodo.

Anyone else heard anything about this? This would be a sad sad world if that happened.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: Dodge out of buisness?

Well it seemed kinda obvious to me because all the new dodge vehicles seemed to look alike andThe only thing we had going for us were the SRT models. Like the Magnum when it 1st dropped that was the only station wagon lookin car I would ever own then they hit us up with the Charger it was the same thing different rear. There prolly more of a difference between the to but I haven't noticed it. Also with the new law on all car companys Average MPG I thinkthats really gonna hitthis company hard.Basically IMO I think Dodge needs to step their game up.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 AM
lugnuts
All Star

What would help more than anything would be to back off on the bells,whistles and gizmos. Bring the price down to a reasonable level. My 07 Sebring has tip start,like I'm too lazy to hold the key till it starts.Fly by wire. More crap. Auto door locks. More crap. Auto down windows. More crap. Heated electric seats, electric mirrors,phone uplinks blah blah etc. blah. Get rid of about $10,000 in soccer mom amenities. Make a base model that's a base model. I'd hold the window switch for 10 seconds myself if my finger can stand it, or better yet, crank 'em down. Give me A/C, tilt, cruise and a decent stereo. Everything else is for lazy people. Gas Mileage would improve if you weren't hauling around 500 lbs. of lazy man's options.

First Plymouth,and now maybe Dodge? Well, I'm not much impressed with my Chrysler. The seating position is horrible on long trips, the mtr. is as noisy as a deisel, it's completely gutless,it's been in the shop twice, and needs to go again @ 24,000 mi. If they don't get their head outta their ***, it wouldn't suprise me a bit.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Remove auto down windows, ect would be a very bad idea. Most people want that. All others have that. Dodge is not a Yugo!

Down sizing is not a bad idea. Does it matter if the Ram says Chrysler on it rather than Dodge? It is the same company. I just noticed a few weeks ago our Chrysler dealer now carries Rams. I have yet to pull in to see if it is all Dodge models though.

Does it matter there is not a Charger and only a 300 with varying levels of trim?

Does it matter there is not a Durango and just a Apsen with varying levels of trim?

You have to look at the rumors and then take a step back. They are all rumors. I could say that Dodge just axed the new Challenger on a few forums, two weeks from now everyone is panicing.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: lugnuts

What would help more than anything would be to back off on the bells,whistles and gizmos. Bring the price down to a reasonable level. My 07 Sebring has tip start,like I'm too lazy to hold the key till it starts.Fly by wire. More crap. Auto door locks. More crap. Auto down windows. More crap. Heated electric seats, electric mirrors,phone uplinks blah blah etc. blah. Get rid of about $10,000 in soccer mom amenities. Make a base model that's a base model. I'd hold the window switch for 10 seconds myself if my finger can stand it, or better yet, crank 'em down. Give me A/C, tilt, cruise and a decent stereo. Everything else is for lazy people. Gas Mileage would improve if you weren't hauling around 500 lbs. of lazy man's options.

First Plymouth,and now maybe Dodge? Well, I'm not much impressed with my Chrysler. The seating position is horrible on long trips, the mtr. is as noisy as a deisel, it's completely gutless,it's been in the shop twice, and needs to go again @ 24,000 mi. If they don't get their head outta their ***, it wouldn't suprise me a bit.

Chrysler has plenty of base models. You bought it that way In our 06 dakota, the only options that has is 4wd, and auto transmission. Crank windows, manual door locks, no tilt, hell, it is a club cab and it does not even have a back seat

Old 03-08-2008, 04:12 PM
RamItOne

Chrysler dodge who cares. The dodge brothers are long dead. Its been a Chrysler forever, look at your windshields you'll see re 5star Chrysler logo on em. What's retarded is double brands like the neon.

The only thing that's been keeping ford afloat is they own hertz (or is it enterprise) and their super duty line. Why do you think ranger aint around.

Dodge made a big step forward with the lifetime powertrain, it takes years almost decades to bring back consumer confidence in quality but put a lifetime warranty on it and then you accomplish it right away.
You done need huge dealership lots with 5 millions cars to chose from, most people will wait a day or two to have their vehicle shipped. I on the other hand am the complete opposite, I went to a chevy dlr**** and then walked over to a dodge, picked one I liked, drove it for 2 miles and took it home right after that.

As far as price point, theyll need to make sure they keep it well below toyotas price

Btw this was referring to trucks, I wouldn't buy an American car if my life depended on it.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I just read in the paper in my area (POST STAR, Glens Falls N.Y.) that Dodge has new model coming out in early '08, unfortunately the article isn't on their web site, but I did find this. If they were going under why would they offera new model?
http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneak...m?ReviewID=167

Old 03-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a retarded prediction, not a rumor or fact.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Consolodation of all the overlappinng models is obviously going to happen, but axing the entire Dodge brand will get Ceberus no where IMO. Thats why there trying to shrink their dealer network ala GM by having Chrysler dealerships carry Dodge and Jeep under one roof, or vice versa.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:21 PM
hemi 265
Professional

Yes Why is Chrysler trying so hard to make Dodge a globel brand if they are going to finish Dodge off? As an Australian i can see here they are pushing the brand. The last few months Dodge with only 3 cars( Caliber, Avenger and Nitro) has
Allready outsold Chrysler with more models (300c,300c touring wagon,pt cruiser,pt cruiser cabrio,voyager,crossfire,sebring sedan and sebring cabrio).

Quick Reply: Dodge out of buisness?