Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge El Camino?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM
figanootz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge El Camino?

I remember the Rampage but I don't think a lot of people have any clue abut it. Everyone seems to know what an El Camino is though. The Rampage was too small to compete with the El Camino.

I found and intersting page abot a 2006/7 concept, but is is lot more truck like than car. More like a Dodge Ridgeline. http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/dodge/rampage.html

Old 03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

I love it! Ive always liked El Caminos but theyve had the pesky problem of being crappy Chevys. I even liked the original Rampage for what it was. No other minitruck would get 30mpg. And if theyd have put a turbo on that it'd scream.

But as to this, I agree about using the Charger front clip instead. This thing seems a no-brainer. Being as how the Dakota isnt much smaller, cheaper, ormore fuel efficientthan a Ram, and the Ram can do a hell of a lot more anyway this would be great instead of the Dak. And it'd deserve the Rampage name a lot moreso than that minivan based concept from a few years back.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 AM
hemi 265
Professional

Thats better. I think it's a photoshop btw it is finished off at the rear. Also it's the old Magnum front. I would like to see the Charger front end with the back of the cabin more straight down ( not Sloping down like the pic) and Higher walls on the tray Like ford and Holden have done here in Australia.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 AM
HemiHearse

If any of you have seen the Porsche 911 "pickup", then you can get an idea as to what Dodge should do w/ the Magnum. I like the idea that a solid roof can become a place to haul a fridge home. I once owned a 1982 Rampage, wishI had it now. The 2006 Dodge Rampage Concept is flat out ugly IMO. Base it off of a car, not a truck, otherwise, all you have is a truck. I bought my Magnum 'cuz I'm not into trucks, and the gas mileage is the same. In my yesteryears I had a '69 ElCamino and then a '72. Wonderfull cars, but the front end tended to get light past 90.
(wonder ifI can get that tree to fall onto just the back half of my car so i can "Camino" it?)

Old 03-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Slomojo
Veteran

this is a women's parking lot. Good for a quick laugh.

And here is something I made on photoshop for the magnum. I think it would be a nice compact for beating on imports.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
figanootz

Oh, I get it... humor. I didn't recoginize it at first because something was missing. Laughter.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 PM
ruhtra1949

Originally Posted by Frenchy
I just want to know how people can't tell that that is a photochop...

Seriously...
In the 80's Dodge made the Rampage styled after the El Camino and the GMC Caballero. The Rampage had a 305 engine and front wheel drive. It's smaller that the aforementioned cars considered a sub compact by some.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Dodge never made a 305.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:44 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is an older thread that has been revived, but why would we want to try to restart a segment that has been attempted over and over again and resulted in failure each time? The only thing truck or truck like vehicle that should be tried is a new Jeep Commanche off of the Grand Cherokee or a Wrangler based truck.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 AM
hemi4109
Veteran

Instead of a one-off, take the 1500 ram and offer a factory 4/6" drop, with a lightweight bed, and a few other heavy steel things taken out. I'm sure a few parts can be replaced with lighter duty items and reduce the GVWR/Payload numbers to suit. It would be a relatively cheap way for Dodge to come out with something different and might appeal to people who don't really want a full truck and opt for suv's and Avalanches etc. With 500-1000# less, much better aerodynamics, highway gears and tires, you're probably looking at decent mpg also.

Quick Reply: Dodge El Camino?