Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Commander, gone by 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:44 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Commander, gone by 2009?

A FWD SUV in the Jeep brand is a bad idea as Jeep is an off-road brand; however, I do think that transplating this to Dodge might not be a bad idea as long as they get the styling correct as long as they lose the CVT and maybe offer an optional V6 if they can fit it in there (3.8L or 3.5L). I think they should have made the Commander off of the Durango platform after making sure it could be used for serious off-roading because all it did was split people between GC and Commanders. I'm not crazy about making the GC follow the Commnader's styling, I like a more round look for the GC and think that making all Jeeps look boxy is a bad idea. I also have seen a lot more Commanders than Patriots, and the Compass needs to go NOW!

dodgerules86, what you said about the Cadillac example is not only true, but is a proven fact that direction is a path to failure. Remember the Cimarron? Living proof that is a BAD idea.

Quick Reply: Commander, gone by 2009?