DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-29/)
-   -   Commander, gone by 2009? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/157555-commander-gone-by-2009-a.html)

Midnight SRT 04-14-2008 07:10 PM

Commander, gone by 2009?

As Joe said, the Commander will be getting cut...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ac_.rO8dAugM

DevilsReject 04-15-2008 02:00 PM

RE: Commander, gone by 2009?

Not a real surprise there with all the gas prices going up...but, its a shame, because it was a nice SUV...

Midnight SRT 04-15-2008 02:46 PM

According to Joe, the new GC will have Commander cues.

ViperGTS 04-16-2008 03:04 PM

Suprised the Patriot is not on that list. I have seen 1 so far and nearly a billion Commanders

Shibby927 04-17-2008 06:25 AM

Ida know where you drive butI see a whole helluva lot more Patriots on the road than I ever have Commanders.

The Commander is just a humongous gas hog. I can see why the call it the Commander, it Commands you to feed it more and more gas at the pumps. LoL although I think it was a nice looking SUV its just one of the most uneconomical ones that Jeep has produced and it's sales numbers are proof positive that it simply isn't a cost effective vehicle for Jeep/Chrysler to keep producing.

Midnight SRT 04-17-2008 01:07 PM

I've seen MANY more Commanders, than Patriots.

ericemery 04-17-2008 07:53 PM

I see a lot of libertys and Commanders around here. not so many patriots though. Maybe its because the Dodge dealer is a jeep dealer too, and they push the Caliber pretty hard.

Bionicrooster 04-20-2008 11:23 AM

I see alot of Patriots, and quite a few commnders, the one I think they need to axe is the compass.

Midnight SRT 04-20-2008 01:10 PM

Agreed, the Compass needs to go.

dodgerules86 04-20-2008 02:20 PM

Axe the Compass and Patriot.

What about gas mileage? Don't buy a Jeep. Their supposed to be off-road vehices, at least more so than most other brands. If you want fuel economy in the small-size SUV type vehicle, than keep the DodgeCaliber or Journey or whatever the heck its sister is and have them by that.

You don't expect to go to a Caddy dealer and find a Cadillac version of the Chevy Cobalt or Aveo, do you? Why: because Cadillacs are known for luxury on good sized cars.
Why should Jeep polute their lineup wih FWD, non-off-road-capable vehicles? It's just bringing down the good name of Jeep.

I'd love a new Cherokee. I don't really have an issue with the Commander. I do think it's a little too big and boxy looking, but, thats Jeep I guess. I liked the simpler days with 3 Jeep vehicles (the Cherokee, not the Liberty so much).

97 3.5 Intrepid 04-28-2008 04:44 PM

A FWD SUV in the Jeep brand is a bad idea as Jeep is an off-road brand; however, I do think that transplating this to Dodge might not be a bad idea as long as they get the styling correct as long as they lose the CVT and maybe offer an optional V6 if they can fit it in there (3.8L or 3.5L). I think they should have made the Commander off of the Durango platform after making sure it could be used for serious off-roading because all it did was split people between GC and Commanders. I'm not crazy about making the GC follow the Commnader's styling, I like a more round look for the GC and think that making all Jeeps look boxy is a bad idea. I also have seen a lot more Commanders than Patriots, and the Compass needs to go NOW!

dodgerules86, what you said about the Cadillac example is not only true, but is a proven fact that direction is a path to failure. Remember the Cimarron? Living proof that is a BAD idea.