Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Saleen to tune Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:09 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Saleen to tune Challenger

ORIGINAL: 2coff

ORIGINAL: Midnight

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

because obviously the big names recognize what the Challenger is...
A fat overweight pig?
Thats funny it's the same weight if not less thenmost 2 door cars of it's size, excluding $200,000+ super cars. Remember this is a full size not a mid size like the mustange.
im not too sure where you were going with this idea...what cars weigh more than the challenger? the challenger is probably the heaviest 2-door sold in the US...it weighs more than the viper, the vette, the gto, the 4th gen f-bodies, any mustang ever sold, and of course all of the smaller 2 doors like the s2000, civic, etc...it might weigh less than some of the cadillacs and BMWs...might.

even the challenger super stock concept weighs 3600lbs...

Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

While I like the idea, Saleen is very associated to Ford, especially Mustangs.Sort of like Lingenfelter doing Viper upgrades, just seems strange. You know several Mustang guys will say it is not a real Saleen thinking they have the "title".

My guy feeling is Saleen sees a hot car and wants to take advantage
How is this any different from Shelby doing the Shelby model Dodge vehicles back in the 80's??? OR being a part of the Viper group when it was first starting? How is this any different then Lingenfelter doing Viper kits when he's a GM guy.....

I really dont see anything wrong with this since Saleen has become more of a stand alone company and is doing more and more to distance itself from just being a "Ford" associate. Steve Saleen is one of the best in the business, and his Saleen Mustangs are in my opinion, some of the best you can buy...

All in all, I look at this as a positive step for Chrysler, because obviously the big names recognize what the Challenger is...
Never said there was anything wrong with it, just that it felt strange. Like it or not these aftermarket players have drawn very distint lines in the sand, and now that they began crossing the lines it feels strange. I also tried to say that Lingenfelter doing Vipers also feels strange, was not implying he did not do that. As for Shelby, he went where the money took him. Ford, Dodge, back to Ford.

There are some hard core FBody owners, Mustang owners, Mopar owners that would never want to own a Saleen, Lingenfelter, Hennessey just because they were primarily the "enemy" in the past.

I also do not think it is a positive step for Mopar, but a positive step for everyone. If all these aftermarket players can remove the stigma they have being branded by automakers it creates competion in the aftermarket world, which SHOULD help the buyer with options and in the end, help with prices......

Hennessey is making a "super" Challenger as well. I would bet Saleen's is lower priced, I know I would not want to buy the Hennessey for other reasons, but would buy a Saleen.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:40 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: myredgt

Well it posted twice, and I don't know why. Now my sig works. Sorry. Get some videos anyways!

- C

[8D]
That would be nice to see.

Makes me wonder, Saleen is modding/announcingR/Ts, which is not even out yet. Guess Dodge has given them some test mules???

Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM
2coff
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh come on look at the size of the Challanger and compare it to cars its size. It much bigger then any of the cars you guys have posted. Be fare atleast, for is accually dimensions it's not that bad. Atleast a adult can sit in the back seat, not one of the cars youguys have listed can do that.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:26 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

2009 Challenger SRT-8:

Overall Length: 197.7 in
Wheelbase: 116 in
Weight: 4140lbs

Name:  fat-woman.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  26.4 KB

Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

ORIGINAL: myredgt

Well it posted twice, and I don't know why. Now my sig works. Sorry. Get some videos anyways!

- C

[8D]
That would be nice to see.

Makes me wonder, Saleen is modding/announcingR/Ts, which is not even out yet. Guess Dodge has given them some test mules???
or they made their own...they could have bought a wrecked LX 5.7 model and worked with that engine for tuning...

2coff, what cars would you compare it to then? im curious to know what coupe sold in the US has a large rear seat? have you been in a challenger yet? The backseat is about as roomy as my stratus...the stratus actually has more rear leg room than the challenger (34 in the stratus, 32.6 in the challenger).

Old 05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
thestealth
Champion

Edit: Yes he did. After re-reading the autoblog article, it is his new company that is working over the Challenger. Carry on.

Didn't Saleen (the man) split with Saleen (the company) awhile back?
I think I read that somewhere. ::shrugs::

Old 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 2coff

Oh come on look at the size of the Challanger and compare it to cars its size. It much bigger then any of the cars you guys have posted. Be fare atleast, for is accually dimensions it's not that bad. Atleast a adult can sit in the back seat, not one of the cars youguys have listed can do that.
Name a car that's not a sedan thats as huge as that car........the only comparisons would be something labled BMW M6, AMG coupes, and perhaps a Viper/Lamborghini...

Not to mention, that this Challenger is LARGER then the original. It's a Pony car....and as such, will be compared to what its competition is...... Mustangs, Camaros, GTO's, etc...

Old 05-14-2008, 12:48 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: thestealth

Edit: Yes he did. After re-reading the autoblog article, it is his new company that is working over the Challenger. Carry on.

Didn't Saleen (the man) split with Saleen (the company) awhile back?
I think I read that somewhere. ::shrugs::
supposedly, there was some falling out between the two groups, but it was my understanding that steve saleen was still involved in the company.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:56 PM
thestealth
Champion

Yeah, he "retired" from the company, yet still is a majority stock holder.

Quick Reply: Saleen to tune Challenger