Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

CONFIRMED: Nissan Titan to get HEMI-fied

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
hutch1973
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neoncrazy101
well, at the dealership i work at, we just got the new VW Routan...er sorry Chrysler Town and Country... and so far no one at work likes it, except the sales people and me. that said, I dont like this. If Nissan cant beat them, then drop out in this case. why would Chrysler allow another brand to sell their car and take away their sales? to me it makes no sense.
I would guess if you look at the demographics of those who buy Nissan trucks (all 80 of them), they are people who are loyal to the Nissan nameplate and wouldn't seriously consider buying from the big 3.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the people who buy Japanese cars in the US, based on the nameplate, dont know enough about the automotive industry to even go out and find a magazine or webpage that might explain what "a rebadged dodge" means.

i think that this is awesome...all of the titan owners came here going on about how great their trashy trucks were, and how fast...blah blah blah...and they couldnt sell enough to keep the model in production for more than a few years? the nissan made titan is becoming the plymouth prowler of the truck world, except the prowler had a chance to be a good vehicle..the titan was doomed from the beginning and im glad to hear that its dying after all of the titan morons who came in telling us how great their trucks are...

on a side note, ive heard more than one rumor about nissan being one of the interested companies in keeping the viper alive...

ive said it before, and ill say it again...some of the FASTEST "mopars" made after the muscle car era, and before the viper hit the showrooms, were mitusbishi built. nissan has an EXCELLENT history of performance overseas, so they might do good things with a performance model. a compact from them would be great.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
dakster
Banned

I dont know. It just doesnt feel right knowing that the Viper would be a Nissan!

Also I dont think it would be right for the Titan to have the Hemi; the for the fear that it may outsell, and take out the parent Hemi Ram.

Last edited by dakster; 09-15-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hope Chrysler keeps the Viper, it just wouldn't be right for them to sell it.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would rather sell a few rebadged Rams as titans and make money from some Nissan built econo cars than to have Dodge owned by GM!!!

Hell, Chevy's econobox the Aveo is built by Daewoo!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Well, I had a good reply to this written up, but my internet was on the spaz again. So allow me to rewrite it then...

Don't worry about this. All that Nissan is buying is the right for their vehicles to wear a little badge exclaiming to the world that it has a Hemi. That's it.
Proof for this claim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemi_engine

"though they were neither the hemi engine's inventors nor the first to commercialize hemi engines."

That means that Chrysler just patented the word Hemi, so only they could call their engines a Hemi.
I could go out, make the same engine, and call it a "HAS" for Half a Sphere. But now it's my own engine, better than anyone elses, because I have a name. Which I'm not saying anything bad about the Hemi, because I love my Hemi.

But an example. "Wow, did you see Bob got a new Toyota with the HAS? That would smoke my Hemi in a race." Well, the engines are along the same concept, so you can't really say that. It's just a title for an engine.
So basically all the Nissan is really buying is some cool stickers owners can put on their windows, and some cool sayings and new badges. The engine they would get is used by other people. So Chrysler is saying "Here, take this idea that other people use, and in return you can just give us money." Once again, not calling Chrysler anything bad, but just being smart and using their resources. So don't fret over it guys, they still can't be a good ol' Dodge Hemi. :P

Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight
I think it's a disgrace.

i agree nissan doesnt deserve to even make a truck if they cant do it hemsleves and dodge could EASILY make their own cars if they just tried i dont think they're trying very hard at all to save themselves this is the shortcut/easy way out and I DONT LIKE IT

Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I think Nissan building Chrysler a car is just a temp. replacement.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Gotta do something short term to stay in business besides giving away the 08 RAMS. My dealer has a 09 crewcab. A BigHorn in blue and it is sweet, all of the way down to the dual exhaust!!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 PM
bruno426
Captain

Originally Posted by neoncrazy101
well, at the dealership i work at, we just got the new VW Routan...er sorry Chrysler Town and Country... and so far no one at work likes it, except the sales people and me. that said, I dont like this. If Nissan cant beat them, then drop out in this case. why would Chrysler allow another brand to sell their car and take away their sales? to me it makes no sense.
Ohhh I didnt know that the routan was a town and country. This is horrible, dodge will begine to be associated with volkswagen's superior snobery, and blame of their own customers. Nothing against you neoncrazy, but volkswagen was okay before about 1998 eversince the have went down hill on a STEEP descent

Quick Reply: CONFIRMED: Nissan Titan to get HEMI-fied