Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Sign the MYGIG MAPS petition!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Jas_Oz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sign the MYGIG MAPS petition!

! SIGN THE PETITION FOR A AUSSIE/USA/EURO MYGIG NAV MAP UPDATE !

A move by members on www.dodge-downunder.com

Did you know that the current Australian and USA and EURO MYGIG Nav Maps are only accurate as at June 2006 (Database P2 - A 206 0705)?

Did you know that Navteq (the nav database provider for MYGIG) have current Australian data available but are not authorised by Chrysler to release any updates directly to Australian MYGIG end users?

If like me you have recently purchased a Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep with the MYGIG Nav System, then you have paid for a system which already had obsolete nav data at the time it was sold to you. If that was not frustrating enough, you probably have experienced the blank look on your local dealer's face when asked about nav map updates.

Its time Chrysler honoured its commitment to its customers by releasing an Australian navigation map update for the MYGIG. Ongoing product support and updatability were some of the key marketed benefits of the MYGIG System.

I am currently gathering names of Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep owners who have the MYGIG Nav System and wish to register their support and desire for an Australian navigation map update.

I propose to send this petition to both Chrysler Australia and Chrysler America.

In order to sign this petition electronically, please send via email to navmapupdate@gmail.com the following details:
- Your first and last name
- Your city/suburb and State/Territory
- Your year and make of vehicle (eg. 2008 Dodge Nitro)
- Your model of MYGIG (eg. REP)

All owners (including www.dodge-downunder.com members, forum guests or otherwise) are encouraged and welcome to register their support.

I will only use these details once to attach to the petition. A copy of the draft petition letter is posted below for your information.

Please encourage your fellow Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep owners to also register their support. I also encourage you to write your own personal letter to Chrysler Australia – the more pressure the better!

If you have any queries or suggestions, please message me.

A. Rogers

TO: Chrysler Group Australia
44 Lexia Place
MULGRAVE VIC 3170
AUSTRALIA

AND TO: Chrysler LLC Customer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

RE: MYGIG Multimedia Infotainment System for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep vehicles

Attached is a list of Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep owners who are extremely frustrated with the lack of an available Australian navigation map update for the MYGIG System.

As you are aware, the current Australian navigation map data for the MYGIG System is only accurate as at second quarter 2006 (Database P2 - A 206 0705). It is now almost 2009 and to date Chrysler has not made any navigation map update available for Australia (despite doing so for other markets around the world). This is particularly frustrating and disappointing given each vehicle’s user manuals, your website, your brochure material and your local dealerships all speak to the MYGIG System being updatable through and supported by Chrysler.

The attached owners request that Chrysler take immediate action to honour its product representations and its commitment to its customers through the release of an Australian navigation map update for the MYGIG System.

We would be pleased to receive your response. Please direct it to [ ]

Yours faithfully

Old 09-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the situation with not being able to get map updates the same for US and European customers as well? If so you may want to expand the petition to include all markets where updates are unavailable. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Sign the MYGIG MAPS petition!