Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

BREAKING!: Automakers to get $15 billion in federal loans

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BREAKING!: Automakers to get $15 billion in federal loans

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/05/b...lion-in-autom/

Old 12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I need to go to the government, tell them I still have a job, but am struggling, can I have some money??

Old 12-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Nofrag
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only 15? is that going to be enough?

Old 12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It would hold me over for awhile

Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Nofrag
Champion

lol sure it would, but you don't have the same overhead that they do lol

Old 12-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's so Congress can give them the rest later on and claim it was all carefully evaluated blah blah blah. Gotta love politics...

I do find it amazing they made much less of a big deal over throwing $700 billion at the financial sector, and after saying that was an important bill that would not fall prey to partisan politics and pork it didn't pass until they loaded it up with pork... I wish they'd spend less time grilling others over their business practices and take a look closer to home, these guys have no idea how to manage their own budget, only difference is Detroit can't force their customers to buy cars...

Old 12-06-2008, 06:06 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

All aboard the failboat. I honestly would hate to see any of the 3 fail because while it is a small part of the economy it would affect a lot of people. BUT, unless the 3 change their business model and practices the loans are just delaying the inevitable because they'll put themselves back in this position soon enough.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Altair
It's so Congress can give them the rest later on and claim it was all carefully evaluated blah blah blah. Gotta love politics...

I do find it amazing they made much less of a big deal over throwing $700 billion at the financial sector, and after saying that was an important bill that would not fall prey to partisan politics and pork it didn't pass until they loaded it up with pork... I wish they'd spend less time grilling others over their business practices and take a look closer to home, these guys have no idea how to manage their own budget, only difference is Detroit can't force their customers to buy cars...
I agree totally with you man. The feds hold us up every time we get a paycheck. Yet grilled those guys to no end.

How on earth can the biggest wasters of money grill the 3 compaines that employ directly, and indirectly a lot of the people that are forced by gun point to pay into the buracacy? What a joke those hearing are.

I still smell a "merger". Not looking good for us Chrysler guys. We know most of us are gone if another "merger" happens.

Joe

Old 12-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it hard to believe that even at the levels of incompetence these idiots display they could possibly think a Chrysler/GM merger is a good idea. GM has too many brands as it is, all I could see them wanting out of the deal is Chrysler's newer more flexible production facilities, Jeep, and maybe the Minivan. This happens it's bye-bye Chrysler/Dodge... Mercedes bent Chrysler over, the market's been kicking them while their down, Cerberus is looking to dump them ASAP and now the government wants to merge them with GM. Can it get any worse?

Quick Reply: BREAKING!: Automakers to get $15 billion in federal loans