Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Breaking News

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a big fan of Chrysler Financial, but as for the company and quality issues I have had few. The only major problem I have had with any of my Dodge vehicles has been the faulty FCM on my 2006 Dakota and after complaining to Chrysler I was refunded for the entire price of the part.

I have owned 4 Dodges

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2.5L Non-Turbo (Currently Own)
1992 Dodge Dakota LE Regular Cab 3.9L (Sold)
1995 Dakota SLT Ext Cab 3.9L (Trade-in on 2006)
2006 Dodge Dakota ST Ext Cab 3.7L (Currently Own)

I have also owned 1 Chrysler a 1990 Lebaron GT 3.0L in my time driving and I can tell you that the Lebaron was driven into the dirt by the previous owner and I was really hard on it myself and the only thing I had to do with it was replace the distributor cap and rotor. I don't understand all of the talk about vehicle quality issues.

I can also tell you that my 1992 Dakota I bought for $800 in 2002 and sold for $1800 in 2003 is still on the road the only thing not holding up on it is the paint and it has be near 300k miles by now. The guy that bought it was an electrician and is pretty hard on it hauling stuff around.

I do however agree that there are quite a few Chrysler dealerships out there that need to learn quite a bit about how to treat their customers. I have had some bad experiences at dealerships when out looking at vehicles and/or trying to buy parts.

As for the 3.9L getting poor fuel economy I wouldn't call 22mpg all that bad for a pickup, and if you are buying a v6 for towing purposes you are out of your mind.

Last edited by Shibby927; 05-05-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that the main gripe people have on "quality" of Chrysler vehicles, stems from the interior. People (especially those that have not been familiar with Chrysler vehicles) don't understand that for the longest time, Chrysler vehicles were designed to be in a "work" environment. This holds true mainly to the trucks though. Look at the old Ram 100's. There was nothing fancy in them, or look at the second gen Rams, really nothing notable in those either.

Here recently, they have tried to make up for that by adding a whole lot of features, and it helps... some. My only gripe is the interior on the newer Chrysler vehicles seem kinda cheap. I thought this was just a Chrysler problem and that they were the only ones doing this, until a family member bought a 2008 Chevy Avalanche LT3. I was amazed the GM could skimp so much on a $48,000 vehicle. The carpet is thin, plastic looks blocky, and cheap almost flimsy.

Personally, I think its just the signs of the times.

Quick Reply: Breaking News